TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

My daughter applied with Health and Community Health as her first and second choice majors. She’s now wanting to go into University Studies BS Business Concentration. Should she change it on her application now? Or wait until we’ve heard if she’s accepted? If we change it now, will it mess up her admission review?
Holistic/Review
SAT=1250,
high school GPA 4.0+
21 college credits complete with college GPA = 3.57

I have been watching this thread for a while. Quietly, but anxiously waiting with the rest of you. My son got his 6 tabs in Howdy sometime early yesterday. His AIS changed today, this afternoon (24+ hours later). I just joined the website today to give y’all more information for those who are still waiting. I am so HAPPY!

When did you apply 9/10/2019
Ranked top 25% by TAMU (homeschooled)
GPA 3.9 out of 4.0
SAT 1380 730 math 650 reading (missed academic admit by 10 points on reading)
Also got a 1350 (missing academic admit by 10 points) math 690 reading 660
Review admit
When did you receive admission 1/16/2020
Major/ Wildlife and Fisheries Science

Just out of curiosity, sorry. What’s an “academic admit” and what’s PSA?

Question: Where is the complete list of Majors that are looked at for Team Blinn? I don’t see any Liberal Arts Majors or the Major: University Studies: Society Ethics and Law listsed on TAMU’s website. SO, I’m sure I’m looking at the incorrect URL/Link. TIA for your help!

Congrats, @Happymom2020 !

@ElenaParent See link below … starting next year, TAMU will do away with academic admits. Only top 10% admits and review admits.

PSA is under Alternative Admissions Decisions.

https://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/admitted

This wait is brutal. Any other additional places to look that might indicate an upcoming decision? Any Biology (review admit) majors accepted?

With the deferrals of early actions secondary to the volume/holidays, what does that mean for decisions submitted for the Dec 1 deadline?
We are waiting on engineering submitted for the Dec 1 date

Admissions said they are releasing decisions each day. Majority of engineering review decisions will go out NEXT week. Some have been accepted this week but majority was non engineering review acceptances.

Well then, I think I will chill out until then!! Thank you!!

In total shock about PSA being offered already. Makes no sense. NOT saying it’s not happening, but in the years it’s been offered, this is the first time it’s coming out before other holistic review offers.

@sahmmy You cannot change her major to university studies business until she has been at TAMU. It’s only offered to current students and you must apply for change of major after taking some courses.

@Colhopeful728 The cheer squad is open to Blinn Team. They are 2 time back to back National Champions. It’s a ton of hard work, long hours and etc., but a great program.

@Nick34 To prep for Mays as a sophomore, check out the required courses for application to change major. Must have 30 COMPLETED tamu hours and there are certain classes he must COMPLETE before applying. My son was econ major and just applied to Mays on the 2nd and accepted on the 3rd. We thought we’d have to wait til next year to have him start in Mays classes, but he starts now! So to answer your question, Econ, Ag Business or Ag Econ are doable to take the classes that will set you up for transfer. If he’s wanting finance in Mays, I’d do Econ. It’ll prepare him well.

@Colhopeful728 PSA will show up in both AIS and Howdy (under Manage Applications).

I’ve heard that Mays business school has already filled up… is that true? Also, has anyone who is holistic review been accepted. I applied in mid August and am still waiting
27%
1340 SAT
28 ACT

With this PSA thing , I know the timing is weird , but also the wording . Trying to turn what is sometimes considered a negative into a positive I guess ?

I can imagine seeing UT saying “ Congrats, you’ve been CAPPED ! “ or something like that in next few weeks when they cap a ton of kids …

While searching for something else, I found a disturbing news about a student found unresponsive in her residence hall last September. It made me nervous and want to find out more. I could not find any other news related to this and the cause of death. Autopsy was ordered but nothing else was mentioned. Does anyone know anything about this? I understand this may not be directly related to admissions but for me, as a parent, I want to make sure we do our best before making decision with our son.

Let her know congratulations! Indeed, at UT you would take common design classes as Architecture students. I have a serious question, I haven’t dug too deep… but is the field for architectural engineering decent? My research indicates satisfactory to bad, so that is making me wonder whether I should change my major to civil engineering later on, or maybe perhaps double major. Again, my research hasn’t been too deep, I am just nervous about whether I can find a job asap after college

If PSAs are going out already - I’m kinda okay with that, as a parent of a kid who had to wait until March to receive PSA.

I, in my heart, knew she was going to get PSA by this time last year. Viz was full.

But I couldn’t get my daughter to move forward with her other option until she had a decision from TAMU.

If they have established academic thresholds - and they know that this pile of applications falls significantly below and they will not be getting an admission offer - I think it is good that they cut them loose as soon as possible, so they have a chance to fall in love with another choice.

@hnm5102 yes Mays is full. Anyone that had mays as first choice has received their second choice major. There have been some holistic acceptances, but not as many as I would have thought by now.

@BlueBayouAZ totally get that. My concern is where one student said they had 6 tabs, then Psa, then jk I’m in sociology at cstat??! Very confusing. Someone else mentioned they got psa with 6 tabs and others got psa and still have 3 tabs. ??‍♀️

Agree @BlueBayouAZ my daughter received PSA offer March 2018…she waited anxiously most of her senior year. I just knew she would get PSA but she just knew she was meant to go to TAMU. It was very stressful finding out she got PSA that late in the game…January would’ve been so much better!!! After many tears, it all worked out for the best…she went to Blinn last year, enrolled in PTA program, met great friends while living in college station, and met all the requirements of the PTA contract. She just started her second semester at TAMU and is doing great in school! Turns out she WAS meant to go to TAMU but just took a different route, and an extra year to get there…and that extra year flew by!
Even though it all worked out in the end, the wait was excruciating and an early PSA offer would’ve been welcomed in my house just to ease the stress.