TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

In the past yes the general idea was 7:30 am and no more decisions. However we have not had PSA and Blinn TEAM this early. So seems like anything is possible. I usually dont check after 7:30 am but now I am checking constantly. I may keep it down to 7:30 am and like 7 pm for me personally so i can keep my sanity.

@kartmom17 Donā€™t worry about applying for housing in Galveston yet. You have plenty of time so just wait until you get a decision. Per policy, all freshmen to TAMUG are required and guaranteed on-campus housing.

Can anyone whose child did the Blinn team route and studied Biology with intentions of going pre-med chime in? Do you think this will hurt their chances at med school? Does it not matter? Thatā€™s my main concern should she get Team. THX

Iā€™m really worried I messed up on picking a majorā€¦ I chose sociology and communications as potential majors although Iā€™m hoping to hear from blinn team. I concerned I should change my majors since Iā€™m not 100 percent sure blinn team can offer me now that I picked easier majors to try to have a better chanceā€¦ I truly want to do business but I was gonna change majors once blinn team decisions came in if I got into the program. Did I mess up and if so what should I do? :frowning:

I already got into Texas tech business but Iā€™m debating whether I do that or blinn team business if I still can

Applied 11/23

I have stats for me as well if that helps

My daughter just got her 6 tabs this morning. Blinn TEAM. Holistic review. Homeschooled. SAT 1240. 21 college credits, college gpa 3.57. Applied in August. We are SUPER excited!!!

For all who received Blinn Team, CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Stand proud!
My son was admitted as a freshman by way of Team for business.
He is now at Mays completing his masters.
Stay focused and work hard.
Youā€™re 100% an Aggie! ?

Any reason why theyā€™re not prioritizing the Early Engineering Deadline applicants that were not given their decisions in December as originally promised? Iā€™m really happy for those being admitted, but I also know thereā€™s a lot of us still waiting to hear something on Engineering. We got our paperwork in by the 10/15 deadline (actually got it all in on July 1st) but are still waiting 6 months later! This wait is killing us!

Bremsy96 - My son is OOS Agribusiness and was accepted end of October I believe? He was top 10% of class so not sure if academic admit applies to OOS or not and if that is why he heard back then.

I cannot imagine how frustrating this must be! I met the regular decision deadline (school messed up my transcript, couldnā€™t get stuff in till Nov 1st), and I am slowly losing my mind over this grueling waiting period. Iā€™d definitely be infuriated if I still had not received my decision. I was expecting a big wave of engineering decisions last week, but that didnā€™t happen. I wish you the best of luck, and I hope that we both get in!

Sallye - Thanks! My daughter is in state but not in the top 25% at her school so she was not auto admit, unfortunately. She applied for Genetics which I donā€™t think is offered through TEAM. My husband and I are both Aggies and we have a son there now in engineering so it is hard to come to terms with the fact that she might not go to A&M. She has been accepted to all the other schools she has applied to so she does have a backup plan, but we will all be heart broken if she has to go elsewhere.

Iā€™m right there with you. Same. Still shows in review. Wish more info could be given. Just missed top 10 (in top quarter) & just missed academic admit but excellent everything else, grades, AP physics & calculus, etc. I applied to separate A&M engineering academy, which I have been qualified for, to fall back on if not directly admitted to CS full-admit or academy bryan-rellis. Good luck!

Academic admits only for OOS students.

There are still a lot of full admits and team decisions to come. Hang in there people.

Her BS in Biology will be from TAMU. I would doubt pre-reqs from Blinn would factor in that much. MCAT scores would probably factor greater than basics at Blinn. :wink:

I applied first week in July! How are people hearing back that applied months after me?! The wait is terrible

This wait is killing us!<<<<<<<<<
@YankeeTexan33
Will you take Blinn?

Breasmy96, Iā€™m in the same boat as yā€™all. Iā€™m a little higher In the ranks, but honestly I am a little worried that my major isnā€™t offered at blinn team as well, so hopefully your daughter and I both donā€™t get denied completely because of it.

I wish yā€™all the best! :slight_smile:

Ex: Iā€™m starting to look at all my options one of them being ttu which is pretty good

Iā€™m convinced my son will the THE last student admitted or denied!! He has mentally moved beyond and into TTU zoneā€¦yet here I am checking 2-3 times daily, lol!!

@Bremsy96 Yes. My son was a review admit. He got his 6 tabs in Howdy last Wednesday, then Thursday afternoon his AIS changed to you have been admitted. His Howdy didnā€™t have the Whoop! message until sometime Friday I think. He is going for Wildlife and Fisheries Science. Here are my sonā€™s stats:

When did you apply 9/10/2019
Ranked top 25% by TAMU (homeschooled)
GPA 3.9 out of 4.0
SAT 1380 730 math 650 reading (missed academic admit by 10 points on reading)
Also got a 1350 (missing academic admit by 10 points) math 690 reading 660
Review admit
When did you receive admission 1/16/2020
Major- Wildlife and Fisheries Science

the struggle is real! I hope yā€™all catch a break good luck ?

Is anyone keeping stats from this thread? What is the lowest SAT seen admitted thus far?