TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

I’m so confused, still, about Majors “accepted” by Blinn Team. We’ve been talking with TAMU Admissions, Prospective Student Ctr., etc. for YEARS. No one ever said (and we talked with them about TEAM), “apply for Major that Team accepts as your backup”. UGH!! So, if it’s not offered, and don’t see listed this year…are we …well…you know what I want to say…

If I’m remembering correctly, I did see an ACT score of 28 that was accepted.

Thank you for being calm and encouraging during this time we need it! :slight_smile:

haha…feeling the same way - except my son didn’t give me access to his email and he’s tired of me asking him questions based on what i’ve read here.

I did read on another web page, TAMU had approx 49,000 under grad applicants this year. The indications were that the majority of responses are coming back earlier this year.

I think I saw a 25

Same here! My daughter was top 11%, missed it by 3 people! She would have been top 10% if she hadn’t had so much EC’s, volunteering, work, and clubs. It’s so frustrating since the top 10% are automatic, but if you miss it by just 1%, you might as well have been 25th%! She’s taken 11 AP classes, everything offered, and dual credit classes, physics and calculus. I just can’t believe we’re still awaiting an answer. This is crazy! Had she not been applying for engineering, she would have had an admission offer already.

Good luck to you!!!

@cjrm11 thanks.

As for choosing a major that TEAM is a part of, I’m super curious to see if that is something admissions uses to base their decision. We saw it last year with BIMS last year but still unsure if that holds true for all majors. I would not advise changing your current major at this point in the process. We are too close to decision time. Admissions is definitely releasing info in a different cycle this year. We will need to see how this plays out over the next month.

As for Med school looking at where you started freshman year, NO Way would that factor into their decision. Many schools just want to see that you have all of the prereqs, extra curriculars to set you apart in the medical field and your MCAT of course. MCAT leveling the playing field just like we use the SAT, ACT, GMAT, LSAT, GRE etc. Think about all those students that cannot afford to go straight to a 4 year university, Graduate admissions/Professional admissions would be foolish to discount those types of students. Hope that helps you not stress about TEAM decision.

Possibly. Our daughter doesn’t like the idea of taking Blinn. I’ve been trying to educate her on everything I’ve read on this forum about Blinn. I think it’s mostly an ego thing to her since all of her friends are top 10% and many are going to TAMU over UT. But I honestly think she’ll take Blinn Academy for Engineering if it’s offered. She would already have a roommate that was accepted back in October. Our oldest is an Aggie too.

It is my understanding that any major can be offered Blinn Team. Three years ago my daughter applied for A&M with Visualization being her choice of major. She was offered Blinn Team. There ARE certain majors that offer a “pathway”, but it is my understanding that all this means is that if you take those specific courses through the Blinn Team program, you will transfer easily into those majors after you finish the Blinn Team program. Some majors don’t have a “pathway” and that’s ok. My daughter still transfered into Visualization (a semester early) because she took the right courses and made good grades. So just because your major isn’t listed under the “pathways”, don’t think that you can’t get into Blinn Team.

My son is an August applicant as well, and while it is very exciting and happy to see so many people starting to get their decisions it also makes the waiting harder. He’s still under review for his first choice major. His Aggie sister and I have taken over obsessively checking AIS for him. I REALLY hope we don’t have to wait another four weeks!

@YankeeTexan33 My son accepted TEAB Blinn/Bryan last year and it has been great. He is saving significant money, is an Aggie living on campus in the Engineering LLC, has smaller classes, and made a 4.0 his first semester. There is a bus that takes him from A&M to Blinn on his two days of Blinn classes. He even talks about how he sees some of his A&M professors teaching at Blinn also (POLS 207 teacher). Try and convince your daughter that it isn’t a stigma and it is actually a great deal that if I knew what I know now, it probably would have been a first choice over full admittance.

@YankeeTexan33 @AgMom87 Just hang in there … decisions should be coming out soon. In the meantime, talk with your daughter in case she is offered Engineering Academy at Blinn-Bryan and have a decision readied to commit as soon as possible since those slots will fill up quickly. It is a great opportunity IMHO …

Best wishes to all …

Thanks! I’m surprised they haven’t locked us out of her account. We’ve been checking many times a day for a response or acceptance. :blush:

I’m pretty certain she’ll take Blinn if offered. But I just realized that we actually answered “No” to the question on her application about Blinn because we didn’t know what we know now about the program. Should we contact admissions about that or is it just too late? Do they really pay attention to that question on the applications? Anyone know???

@YankeeTexan33 My daughter says she will take blinn if offered but I have to say it would make me a little mad and she would probably not be as happy as if she was offered full admittance. She is extremely smart, top 25%, high GPA and two of her friends who were review admits were admitted in October and they have extremely similar stats. I am trying to remain optimistic. DD has been in review since late September / early October. Her first choice is micro-biology. Thank you to everyone who gave me info about Blinn team.

Oh, same. I don’t know what my child put for Blinn, didn’t know that was a question they asked. Should we call admissions and ask about that? I don’t think my daughter remembers if she checked Blinn or not.

Same here! My daughter was top 11% and in review since 1/1, and people at her HS with lower GPA’s have been admitted already, not in engineering though. I get it that Engineering is very competitive, but it’s really hard on a student who watches friends with lower stats get offered admissions when they are still waiting, and may not get in or get offered Blinn.

call Admissions and ask about Team & Majors accepted…our daughter did, and, the lady she spoke with was a true expert and alleviated all her fears. YAY! …and, the wait continues… :slight_smile:

Yes, some professors teach at both campuses…and, they always say Blinn students are the “better”/more engaged students.

TAMU decides Team or not…you can’t apply for (Blinn) Team

my friend that got TEAM today submitted her two ACT scores- 21 and 25.