TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Blinn is a great opportunity, I would take it if I could! Unfortunately, I am graduating with an Associate’s degree (60 credit hours), which disqualifies me from admission to Blinn Team, Engineering Academy at Blinn, or Gateway. I attend an early college high school and while I am grateful that I was given this opportunity, I think that it could’ve either really hurt my chances or force full admission at cstat. I read about a similar case to mine on this forum about someone with an 1190 SAT, who got into cstat for engineering. I am still waiting for my engineering decision…

Meant to say in review since 7/1.

For what College/Major did your friend apply?

Yes, we were “warned” by Admissions to NOT have too many hours…if you do, you can’t gain admission to TAMU as a Freshman. :frowning:

@thesaraimartinez My son is going to graduate with 31 college hours. Will that also affect his chances of getting any offer?

@Lcrob1 I don’t really know how it works, to be honest. In my case, it might push the decision towards cstat 'cause I have nothing else to do other than take classes catered towards my major. I learned from this forum that too many hours might hurt you, but whenever I talked to an admissions counselor at A&M (Brandon), he said that it was fine. Again, they take into consideration other factors as well. I’m just praying that I get full admit to cstat. Good luck!

@YankeeTexan33
Good luck to her! She & I and many of us in the same boat may end up doing the same in the end.

@thesaraimartinez Thank you and good luck to you too!!! I hope we hear something this week one way or the other!

@YankeeTexan33 @Colhopeful728 It doesn’t (or didn’t in the past) matter how you answer the question on whether you would consider alternative admissions. They use that for info but will offer the options if they are available.

Thank you for the clarification!

So we’ve patiently been waiting since Aug. top 25% GPA-4.96 weighted 3.87 unweighted ACT 28 (English 29, Math 26, Reading 31, Science 26) Letters of recommendation from '94 Aggie successful in business and active with University and another recommendation from SVP at Abbott Labs. Nervous as it seems each year auto admit is pushing out holistic to a smaller and smaller acceptance %. If not full admit what are the chances Blinn Team offered (would probably prefer due to half tuition cost)?

Tamu seems to send out notifications on Tuesdays as I have seen. Hope some will get in today. On a side note, if your child barely missed 10%, if I remember correctly, 10% or not, they all have to go through second review for engineering.

If TAMU decides Blinn for you, can that decision change to regular full admission to TAMU before the fall?

@mamtired. That’s an insightful point to raise …& I do recall reading on this forum last year that for one or 2 students (& really it was only 1 or 2) offered TEAM it did change to full admit. What I can’t say with any conviction is what changed/how this came about …whether they had appealed their TEAM offer or if after the NSC process kicked in there was a shake up/down in full admit spots available BUT I do recall it was later in the admissions cycle ie. way after all the dust began to settle. Hopefully others on here will chip in to share their recollections.

My son got accepted in TAMU college of Engineering for Computer Engineering. He is OOS. ACT 33, SAT 1460 and Weighted GPA 3.92.

Does anybody know if they’re going through applications alphabetically or by order of submission?

What kind of NSC dates are the most recent admissions getting (non-engineering)? We are awaiting word on transfer and trying to get a feel for how far out into the summer those dates are currently booking.

@thesaraimartinez I am not sure they are following ANY predictable type of order. I would say it is pretty random. I am currently imagining my daughter’s file at the “bottom” of some pile. I have noticed people on here with similar stats who applied way after my daughter go ahead and get admitted. I know people at my daughter’s high school who were admitted in October (holistic review) and they applied after some people on here. So, honestly…who knows! I’ll take it as an extreme lesson in patience and character building.

I feel that my file has been either blacklisted or left at the very bottom of the oceans of applicants. All we can do is just continue to wait and wait and wait, but to tell you the truth, I am getting impatient. I understand that TAMU has a ginormous pile of applicants, however, I would’ve expected an answer by now. I met the regular decision, but I cannot imagine how deeply aggravated early decision applicants, whom have not still gotten an answer, must feel. Also, reading about the acceptance of others with lower stats makes me seriously question all of my efforts. I don’t mean to sound pretentious, but is graduating early with an associate’s degree and in the top 10%, not enough? Hopefully, we’ll hear back soon! Best of luck to y’all!

When I signed my son up for NSC last week - all the engineering sections were still open.