TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@BlueBayouAZ
Interesting stats, thanks for sharing the Yields. Definitely provides another perspective over Admission rates ??
Has A&M ever waitlisted or pulled in additional candidates to admit? Maybe they haven’t had to worry about it with the amount of enrollment.

@Thelma2 or @AggieMomhelp - would know more, but TAMU does not waitlist (They may have years ago).

I don’t think it is an issue with computer algorithms and the schools long history. They know how many people to offer in order to get the numbers they want enrolled. UT stopped increasing the size of their freshman class years ago. So I think that school having a set number of openings - helped make TAMUs formula solid. And now TAMU has stopped increasing its enrollment,

@BlueBayouAZ is correct. They do not or have not (to my knowledge) every wait listed. I think they do a great job with their algorithm but also, they slowly roll out admissions so they get a good idea of what’s what. Even though you’re not truly committed when you sign up for NSC, it’s a good indicator on people accepting their admission decision.

@BlueBayouAZ @AggieMomhelp
True, they have the algorithms dialed down pretty well with the amount of admissions offered.

The reduction of admissions from 2018 to 2019 was in line with their planned reduction of incoming class sizes.
https://www.theeagle.com/news/local/texas-a-m-eyes-slightly-smaller-incoming-freshman-class-for/article_b0df2a42-243e-5a62-a4d0-4585a0c88115.html

It just says “Top Ten Percent” after class rank.

My homeschooler was ranked top 10% too!

Well there you have it. Nothing to misinterpret there lol. Congrats again and to you too @sarah96ag The stress is over! But no worries, it’ll pick back up when they head off to school. = )

@sarah96ag Congratulations!! I sent you a private message :slight_smile:

@sarah96ag my homeschooled has 4.0 from community college, Tulane and at home but she got too 25%. How did yours get top 10%? When inquires I was told that they don’t give anything above top 25% to homeschoolers.

@bargainshopper75

No Waitlists at A&M. Just as with fashion, you are either in or you’re out.

The one spot it can be tricky is the pathways for full admissions such as Blinn Team and Blinn Engineering Academy. As I mentioned to another poster, those spots have a limited number and once applicants begin accepting those admission decisions and the spots are filled, they are closed and that opion will no longer be available to the applicant and you lose your admission decision.

So, one needs educated themselves on Blinn Team/Blinn Engineering Academy, if a review applicant, and see if it is something they would want to accept. Learning about it and trying to decide after the decisions are released, could be too late if you wait too long ( like a week or two).

Full admissions decisions have a May 1 date for accepting. While the pathway decisions also have May 1 date, the spots are filled up way before then

My son’s has it as well…I didn’t notice if it was or wasn’t there before though so I just assume you did and that it is a new addition. Since he is going for Engineering, he isn’t even getting excited about all of these little “signs” that we as the parents are excited about. We have applied to 9 schools with TAMU being the first choice. Haven’t heard a peep from anyone!

that was meant for @txagdad

My Howdy portal changed today and apparently that means I’m accepted even though I knew I would be since I’m in the top 10 percent and I’m more so waiting to see if I get accepted to engineering. Anyways, I’ve read that it is best to like sign up for housing or do the deposit right away for best chance of getting what you want. Does anyone know if I should start doing the housing application now, and if so, where I should go? Thanks!

Thank you. Backing out the numbers they give, the yield for non-auto-admit is just under 44%, so a little lower than the auto-admit yield. And given that the total admits for 2018 and 2019 were almost identical, but broken down pretty differently proportionally between the various admit categories, and assuming the enrolled number stayed constant between the two years (which I don’t know), then it follows that the yields among academic admits and review admits is about the same.

There is an all admit and an auto admit stat. There is NOT a non-auto-admit stat.

Do I dare ask if anyone knows when we might hear something tomorrow?

@robmom2 I’m guessing between 6 and 7 am, just a guess based on Friday the 13th’s announcements. ??‍♀️

Waiting for tomorrow .

I know. I reverse engineered it from the data they gave us.

FYI tabs update at 7ish but AIS can update during the day. So if you don’t see it in the morning, have a good breakfast and check back at lunch.