TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

OMGosh, you are exactly right @aggiemom2022 -
All signed up for housing now! No top menu, but the link on the left as well.
Thank you everyone for sharing this morning, and all your help, tips and moral support!! ?
@Tam1233 @TexasAggie99 @Brutus310

Thanks, @Tam1233. I did get the email receipt for the $75 charge as well. Seems like I remember when we did my daughterā€™s housing app 2 years ago, being able to print out a confirmation page that included her name, with a date and time stamp confirmation of application.

@bargainshopper75 Yay!!! Now we can just wait for that AIS update :slight_smile:

About admissions decisions, are only auto-admitā€™s coming out right now? I know the domestic deadline for fall is in december but iā€™ve heard that some people are getting decisions today.

Idk?!? 51 hrs of college dual credit (3.6) gpa. 4.0 (unweighted) gpa total. rigorous math & science coursework. 33 ACT. heā€™s 16, applying a year early. my older two were ranked top 25% and got ā€œinā€ just fine. Maybe this way of ranking will help the new system and be more fair to those private and homeschoolers who arenā€™t ranked. This way is better than throwing all the unranked folks into Holistic Review, which is what I thought was going to happen with doing away with the ā€œacademic admitsā€.

Thanks @L1Ag91 - we also have two emails, one that says TAMU housing contract signed by proxy, and one that is notification of payment. Hopefully that is good enough!

Idk?!? 51 hrs of college dual credit (3.6) gpa. 4.0 (unweighted) gpa total. rigorous math & science coursework. 33 ACT. heā€™s 16, applying a year early. my older two were ranked top 25% and got ā€œinā€ just fine. Maybe this way of ranking will help the new system and be more fair to those private and homeschoolers who arenā€™t ranked. This way is better than throwing all the unranked folks into Holistic Review, which is what I thought was going to happen with doing away with the ā€œacademic admitsā€.

@aggiemom2022
Yes, as long as your page shows the Application Complete you are good to go until Housing Phase 2 (the last screen of the process shows the date that Phase 2 opens for each Applicant).

I do wish that another email came out when everything in Phase 1 was Complete. I had received the same two emails (contract signed by proxy & payment), but it wasnā€™t until I logged back into the portal that I saw that the app wasnā€™t complete until a few more questions are answered. I can see how folks could miss that, and assume it was complete just after payment and proxy! Always good to log back in and double-check the Completion status ??

Anyone know what Phase 2 is? I havenā€™t heard of that beforeā€¦

did it specify a certain time on yours when Housing Phase 2 opens? or just 10/10/19?

@BBmom53 what I saw said 9:15 on 10/10

@AggieMomhelp thereā€™s a video on the housing page https://youtu.be/Z_e9ubHUCcc

@bargainshopper75 awesome! It takes a village.

@BBmom53 - We have a specific time for Phase 2, which seems to be the time we submitted our housing application this morning.

@BBmom53
I think each Applicant gets a different Phase 2 time stamp based on when the Phase 1 application was completed. We got 10/10/19 10:29

@AggieMomhelp - I found a video on Phase 2 here: https://reslife.tamu.edu/apply/

Seems to be when you confirm Living Learning choices, select hall preferences, and opt in to Roommate Finder.

@BlueBayouAZ @Thelma2
Are there any dependencies (sense of urgency) for completing Phase 2 of Housing App right when it opens? Or can students just complete it whenever they get a chance, anytime after their date stamp. I believe it is just the Phase 1 application completion that helps with prioritization for housing selection, right?

@bargainshopper75 - I think you are correct that the Phase 1 completion time/date is what determines housing selection. I called housing this morning after finishing everything, just to hear someone tell me that I had done everything correctly :wink: and they assured me that having a complete Phase 1 guaranteed our place in the housing line.

@aggiemom2022
It would be nice not to have another hoop to jump thru! The Phase 2 date & timestamp makes it sound so important lol ?

I thought we were done with ours but now Iā€™m second guessing if itā€™s complete. Is there a way to know for sure? We got the page that says Phase 1 is complete and gives us a time stamp for when phase 2 opens. Thatā€™s it, right?