TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@AggieMomHelp My son still has “My App is complete and in Review”. His #1 major is Kinesiology #2 Liberal Arts: University Studies. The location is still CS in AIS and Howdy “Manage Applications”. Still has “Change major” button in both.

He called admissions yesterday afternoon as soon as he got home from school to inquire about a decision and the gentleman told him it could be mid March. He applied in July and TAMU is his first choice so we are hanging on and praying for good news soon but… the wait is excruciating.

This forum has been so helpful and I appreciate all who have made it so welcoming/informative. What in the world do we make of this???

@AggieMomhelp - My DD got academy, and she got her six tabs this morning. She is in.
Thank you for all of your help.
I was wanting to congratulate everyone who got an offer for TAMU, I know they are all different offers (Thanks to you and the other parents). Just wanted to be positive after yesterday’s rant.

My DD can finally move on with her offers. Her self esteem took a huge hit after I told her that the Academy offer was just another waiting list for Engineering, so it was hard as a parent to see her so down after the UT and TAMU offers.
But now that TAMU gave her a definite answer, I can finally tell her that she is in TAMU or will be fully, but there is a certain path now.

Good luck to everyone else still waiting.

They need to hire more people in the Admissions office. If they wanted to make it a quicker process they definitely could. I agree that it makes everything very difficult when decisions need to be made, scholarships need to be accepted, and stress needs to be over! When my ds applied in July I told him our part is over, we will know by Spring Break. If we get an answer before Spring Break that is just a bonus. Going into this process knowing it is not over until mid March has helped us to relax and just monitor howdy. We know that by graduation, he will have his route planned out. There are plenty of dorms, apartments, houses. It’ll all work out one way or the other. Sometimes it just seems like money distribution could help so that more staff are working the process to hasten it.

@Colhopeful728 What did your AIS update to? I’ve been checking ours and there’s no change. Did you finally get a congrats???

@YankeeTexan33 - AIS still says considered, but her Major changed to General Engineering in AIS.
Her Howdy now has the magic rainbow six tabs, plus 9 more extra squares on Howdy Where the Academic Success Center, Study Hub squares are.

So check Howdy. Pretty sure AIS will update this afternoon with the Congrats.

I’m baaaaaaack! Still comparing PSA vs. PTA, and, I wanted to encorage everyone that got a PSA Offer, and has the burning desire to become an Aggie (so, this is not a comment that TAMU is the ONLY University in Texas that is a great University). It’s ONLY a rejection for Freshman admittance to CS Campus. So, I’M really thinking better than being “waitlisted”. Our daughter’s friend was put on Wait List, and, still in “limbo”…we’re able to say our daughter received an offer from TAMU, and will become a Former Student in 2024. I found this on TAMU’s Corpus site: http://admissions.tamucc.edu/program_for_system_admission.html ) : Texas A&M University in College Station (TAMU) receives numerous applications, and due to limited space, students are invited to participate in the PSA program.  Through the PSA option, selected students may enroll in one of the Texas A&M University System Institutions that participate in PSA, with the goal of returning to TAMU after successful completion of their first year in the PSA program. Keep your eyes on the prize (Aggie Ring class of '24), and go for it!!

Colhopeful728
Did your daughter choose Blinn Engineering Academy or Galveston location? Thanks.

@Lsan2024

You will enjoy Texas Tech! My husband is a graduate, and the friends that he made there are his closest still today. Everyone that we know that attends, loves it! They are a blast to watch in basketball, and baseball. It’s an easy drive to Colorado. My husband said they would drive up there and ski over long breaks.

I got offered PSA yesterday and selected Corpus Christi for my system school. Does anyone know what happens next and how long it takes to hear back?

Anyone still on Waitlist only? Any information, regarding this option, you have received would be greatly appreciated.

@micaeleh and all others interested in PSA, check out this thread:

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/2128422-psa-program-for-system-admissions.html#latest

i am. and i think someone said that out decisions would come out somewhere between mid feb-april, but i dont know for sure

Yes…still waitlisted. University Studies/Society Ethics, Law

@AggieMomhelp Good morning! I’m not sure if there is a thread out there for this… but I’m looking to be a mom of a Corps/ROTC Marine Option son… we are OOS… and I feel pretty clueless! I have joined the Aggie Corps fb page and it has been very helpful… but looking for mom-to-mom type stuff LOL! Would love for any Corps moms to hit me with “what I wish I knew”… “what you should know” type info! Thank you in advance!

Oh, so happy for you! Congrats!

We are still in the non-engineering Waitlist and Team review. My son changed his major today. Prior 1st choice was Mays and since that is not an option now we figured it would not hurt to change to something else. Maybe the change will force a counselor to look at it before March?? Good luck to everyone still waiting.

@micaelah The PSA advisor at TAMUCC is awesome. He has a very comprehensive page for all PSA students with videos & /or transcripts. He just ‘gets’ the PSA prog and how to guide prospective students thru the process.
http://admissions.tamucc.edu/psa Check out the FAQ link - it has some great info
At this point it just a case of hanging in there until TAMUCC receives all your paperwork from TAMU College Station …and this can take a few weeks. But things have happened earlier this admissions cycle & you’re ahead of the game having already made your system school decision so maybe things will be a wee bit quicker. Look out for their Islander Days …def worth considering going along to if you’ve never been on campus or even Corpus Christi

@Colhopeful728 COngrats to your daughter! SO happy for her.

When did you click Academy as your choice? We got the offers Friday 1/31 and chose Academy on Sunday, 2/2. I just wanted to thoroughly research all options and not make a mistake by choosing too quickly and not understanding what each meant. I wonder if they are processing them as they come in?

My sons bestie is a valedictorian and has applied to Hardvard, MIT and Stanford and his mom and I keep joking about how to TAMU process is so much harder. haha!

I thought I received a Blinn TEAM offer a few weeks ago. I accepted it and now it says I’m being considered for TEAM and am on the waitlist. I’ve got 5 tabs on Howdy, both majors listed, and have the buttons to change major and withdraw application. Any idea what this means or what my chances are?
I’ve in top 25% of my class with a 1290 SAT, with 15 hours a week of work but little extra curriculars. Can anyone give me and info? When will I know what option I’ve got? Anyone know my chances of getting Blinn TEAM or getting full admission from the waitlist?

I too would be interested in seeing if a change of major (From Mays to BA-Communications) would help push the admission process towards our favor?