TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Still waiting to hear something - anything. First choice - Public Health. Second choice - Biology. Review applicant. Change major button still visible. 3 tabs in Howdy. Both of majors still listed. My App is Complete and in Review. Are there others who still haven’t heard anything? Any guesses as to what it means if I haven’t heard anything yet?

@AggieDreamin yay for your daughter, wishing her luck!! Do you know if there is any way to start in the spring semester instead of waiting for the next fall? Also, is it bad if you get deferred to spring grades?

@kreed23 thank you! You cannot start in Spring because the turn around is too quick. Not bad at all if they defer for Spring grades. I suspect it may be more common than not. She just decided that since she only had to take one Summer class she would like to get an acceptance locked in early and register for an earlier NSC but not really a big deal either way. All PTA and PSA will have to wait for Spring grades too.

My son was pretty upset to hear that after making sure that he met all the gates that TAMU threw up that he now has to wait to pass through another. How can the process be so messed up?
I am no stranger to admissions as I did a stint at USNA quite awhile back.
We never jerked the nominees around like TAMU has done to this 2024 class. Perhaps it has always been this way, I can only comment on this year. My son accepted the Blinn academy and lets see if this “consideration” pans out. He will not accept any other offer. He will try again next year.
He is still a year and some from being old enough to apply to USNA and has another shot at A&M. As we live in Houston my wife wants him nearby. I only want A&M for the Corps. There are many other schools academically superior in engineering. IMHO.

Just a frustrated Dad.

Question since I got a PSA offer today it looks like TAMU won’t be my school. My other offers I have are Texas Tech, University of Oklahoma, University of Arkansas and UT Dallas. My major is Sports Management. If anyone has opinions or any feedback you can share regarding my other options. I would really appreciate it.

@pepper5420 I haven’t gotten any updates at all either… also nonengineering. I have no idea what it means but not feeling too good.

It has been 3 weeks since my son got into TAMU Engineering. When he applied for TAMU in September it was his top choice but the process dragged on and he has gotten better offers that fit him better (UTD, UT Arlington, Alabama, etc). The process to get his major of choice is to much of an unknown plus the cost over other schools that offered academic scholarships means he will be turning down his offer. Hopefully, one of you can get it.

One data point - on his TAMU application he declined all other options except TAMU College Station. I wonder if the number of visits he made to TAMU plus his decision to only request College Station helped. Hard to tell. He was top 21% from a competitive high school, 1450 SAT, and 3.9/4.0.

We were considering the Engineering Academy with Austin Community College but we just didn’t think he needed to be commuting 15-20 miles each way in Austin traffic and would grow more away from home.

@gigem88/@pepper5420

nothing here either. Any chance you are OOS and did not fill out FAFSA?

I’m instate and did fill the FAFSA @hardy8635

From TX and filled out FAFSA. Been waiting to hear something for 6 months.

good morning everyone! i just want to stay positive, so no matter what tomorrow or the rest of the week holds, i’m going to try and not let it get to me as much. i’m still praying for everyone in this forum!

i logged into ais and there is no update. i probably need to stop checking anyways though, lol

I honestly determined that my academy decision will not be what I wanted. Not gonna worry about it and I’m just gonna move on haha. So many more pathways to go.

Quick Question:

Is admission to PTA automatic? Does admissions let all that want to be apart of that program in?

@ag

It’s guaranteed if, and only if, the student meets all the requirements on signed contract. From the website (https://admissions.tamu.edu/PTA):

*Students MUST graduate high school before they are eligible to sign up for PTA.

*Complete all required paperwork for the program. Attend a mandatory pre-participation and final academic meetings with a Texas A&M University admissions counselor.
*Choose and complete all program-specific coursework requirements from one of the PTA degree plans for the proposed major choice.
*Complete at least 30 transferable hours after high school graduation at any Texas community college within three years from the date on which participation begins.
*Maintain a minimum 3.2 cumulative grade point ratio (including dual credit).
*Earn a grade of a “B” or better in all bold, italicized coursework specified in the degree plan.
*Submit all other required documents (application fee, transcripts, essay, etc.) by the appropriate deadline for admission to Texas A&M University.

Did anyone with a science major get PSA yesterday?
I’m wondering if I did not hear because they went through certain majors

Is it possible to transfer spring semester of your freshman year?

Everyone who got Academy offers for Engineering on Friday 1-31-2020 should check Howdy. It updated.

Congratulations to all that got in to TAMU/Academy/PSA.

Thank you to all the parents and students that were in this forum to help out and got patient even when the parents were venting their frustration (like Me) This board is so positive!

This board was even more exciting than my Soap Operas, especially on the days that waves were reported. :wink:

[quote=“Colhopeful728, post:3397, topic:2059337”]

Everyone who got Academy offers for Engineering on Friday 1-31-2020 should check Howdy. It updated.

I just checked ours and no change.

Absolutely no result for me. Not surprised haha. Congratulations to you though, glad to see you and your student got a good result!

@Colhopeful728 I’m not sure what decision you got. What does that mean?
TAMU/Academy/PSA??? Those are 3 very, extremely different offers.