TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@cstatbound1 individual departments make transfer admission decisions. I am not aware of any that accept fall grades for spring transfers. When you look at the Transfer course sheet for your desired major it states whether or not they do. All that I have seen do not. Now if you have all your hours and grades by the end of summer, you can apply for the spring. You just can’t use fall classes in progress for spring.

Sent in an appeal today since I received PSA. I know it’s a long shot, but i read the thread with the one girl who appealed that was in my situation. I’m graduating with my associates so it seems my credit hurt my application. Fingers crossed this will get me somewhere

I called yesterday and was told that they were rolling out decisions this week so we should hear something soon. This goes to show it all depends on who you talk to as to what answer you get. It is so frustrating. A&M is our son’s #1 choice, but other schools have deadlines as well as far as scholarships are concerned. I guess we go ahead and apply and see who makes him the best offer.

@Ag Dad '92
I asked admissions that very question, and they told me know. It was best if our daughter stayed put with her majors.

waitlist decisions? I have called twice and heard different timelines both times.

@Martisha What were your daughter’s major choices?

I will pm you in a bit.

@HoustonMom23
1)Mays 2)Liberal Arts-University Studies
1240 SAT
Valedictorian of very small private school in TX(doesn’t rank)
4.0 GPA
Many offices of different organizations like NHS, Service Club, School Senate
Countless hours of school and club sports
about 1,600 hours of volunteers work
Strong essay and recommendation letters

I have been following for awhile now, and I’m so grateful for all the wonderful information. My DS received PSA yesterday. He was hoping for at least Blinn team. Reading some of comments has me a little confused. If he received PSA, does he have a choice between PSA or PTA? He is planning to go to Blinn and transfer to A&M. Also, is there any info on here on how to start the housing/apartment process? I have no idea where to even begin with that! I’m so overwhelmed! Thanks so much, and CONGRATS to everyone so far!

@BlinnthenTAMU I think PTA is not something TAMU offers, you have to go about that on your own when you register at Blinn or any other community college. If going to Blinn CS, there is no on campus housing so you are on your own finding an apartment. There are dorms at the main campus of Blinn.

@BlinnthenTAMU PSA is a decision offer given to you by TAMU. PTA is an agreement you enter into with a Junior or Community College (like Blinn) endorsed by a TAMU transfer advisor - it’s not offered to you as an admission application decision. BUT for both PSA & PTA should you meet all required elements (GPA/credit hrs/necessary courses) it is a guaranteed pathway into TAMU.
Look back at #3393 on this thread @JaceyK has a link with some great info
http://admissions.tamu.edu/pta

@alwiggin @Scotsfi Thank you, makes since now!

Is it safe to say at this point that there will be no more full admits and everyone is just waiting on PSA or nothing?

@BlinnthenTAMU there are a lot of great apartments right across from TAMU that rent by the room. That is the route my daughter went because she wanted to be closer to A&M campus and that is where she will stay next year. You can also find apartments close to Blinn but I do not have intel on those.

@AggieDreamin Iwill check into the apartments that rent by the room, thank you!

@BlinnthenTAMU as a starting point do a Google search of apartments near TAMU to get a more comprehensive list. But some to start with might be The Rise, Aspire, The Stacks, The Hudson and The Standard. My daughter is at The Standard and loves it. Overall Ratings aren’t great because last year was the first year open and they had a few hiccups like opening late and busted water pipe. But this year has been great and she loves it. Also, right near Northgate. Good luck!

what are they saying

@AggieDreamin you are so helpful, thank you! I am CLUELESS on this!

@BlinnthenTAMU sent you a DM ?

Most college housing rent by the room. Meaning you pay for the room (has a lock) and then you have a roomie or two or three that you share a common area (living room, kitchen, laundry). This is very common throughout college station.

Check out Park West and North Point in addition to what @AGGIEDREAMIN mentioned.