TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@AggieDreamin she will get 12 credit hours after high school regardless of the major she’s going into just due to the hours of the recommended courses she’s taking.

Our real question is can she take the recommended course for the environmental studies and then request a change of major after she transfers over to TAMU?

@AggieDreamin @mantasaur Thank you guys! Do you think you’ll be able to give me an idea on my chances of getting full admission from waitlist or Blinn Team? I’m in the top 25% of my class and have a 1290 SAT. Not many ECs tho. 15 hours of work a week

@maddiegurley sorry, the waitlist is new and i have no idea how they’ll be evaluating everyone once they start picking people from the list. and this late in the admissions timeline theres really no way of telling whos in and who isn’t

good luck though!

@kreed23 sorry misunderstood. I am not sure. I would probably tread lightly with that question to TAMU because they generally say they don’t want you to transfer and then change majors so wouldn’t want you to hurt your chances. That being said, I believe I have seen circumstances where people have done it. I am sure someone on here has examples of where it was successfully done.

Accepted to Galveston/Blinn academy for general engineering. Wasn’t full admit but better than nothing. Im pretty sure engineering “waitlist” updated today.

@maddiegurley Ah I see, I thought you choose blinn-team over both. I talked to an admission counselor because I got the same options as you, and choose both as well. Since we choose both, we will be looked at again. If we would have choose one over the other, it would of went into play. Kinda regretting not choosing blinn-team because we aren’t guaranteed it anymore.

Finally, something changed on Howdy. Still have just 3 tabs, and still have the change major option, but first choice major changed to “Major: GEST Program: BAC-GEST” and the term changed from Fall 2020 to Summer 2020. Assuming that’s Gateway. No change on AIS yet.

DS got Gateway last week and is so excited. He’s going in the Corps and I would love to hear from other Corps parents.

Congrats!!! would you mind sharing your stats to us worrisome people?

We’re Gateway Corps here too. For those seeing summer general studies this morning AIS updated right at 1:30 last Thursday, and snail mail packet arrived yesterday. You’ll only have the June 18/19 NSC option. Congratulations!

@AggieMomhelp Thought I would send this more or less to your attention. Son is full admit to Engineering at Galveston. Wondering if anyone else out there headed that way too. Looking for a way to connect with others so as to get the kids networking and maybe start looking for their room mate match. When going on a cruise, usually a parent starts a new fb page so we can chat and try to find kids with similar interests that our kids can reach out to. We already filled out the application but as far as room mate particulars, it was vague at best.

Spoke to admissions this morning and apparently they aren’t sending out letters to wait list kids explaining everything like they’ve been claiming. Letters will only be sent out once a decision has been made. Hope that helps someone. Also if people are trying to find roommates in college station (not sure if this could work for any galveston people), there’s an instagram page called “aggieroommates2024” that seems to be pretty successful in helping people post ads and finding a roommate. Dorms or apartments. Nice way for people to make friends before going up there too!

@kreed23 i believe you have to be enrolled at A&M for a full semester before you can change majors. A&M will not consider fall classes for spring transfer for either of those majors. A&M is hosting several Transfer Seminars this spring. We did this 2 years ago and gives you the opportunity to visit with advisors who can give the answers. http://admissions.tamu.edu/transfer/programs

Our letter from admissions to Gateway was a little bit confusing. It seems to imply that Gateway Corps students live in Corps dorms for the summer session. Can anyone clear that up?
I’m thinking that they mean he should apply for Corps dorms for the fall, but it wasn’t clear to me.

@mjettel The gateway students all lived in the three balcony dorms on the northside when my daughter went including the corps. The corps doesn’t start until the Fall semester. Most lived in Fowler

@kartmom17 Congrats on Galveston. That’s awesome. Check to see if they have LLC there for engineering students. Other than that, when he fills out form, he can write a blurb about doing engineering and hopefully get connected that way. It’s a long process for roommate matching and there’s plenty of time.

Congrats on the new Gateways! Best program out there in my opinion.

And yes, to change major, you need to check on the change of curriculum page to see what is required. Most require a set amount of tamu hours and gpa PLUS some courses completed (typically your maths and then major specific). There’s a great pdf on this for all majors and it lays it all out there.

@mjette1 Gateway will be together, but you do need to go ahead and select your Corps housing for the fall. Summer housing applications will not be open until March for Gateway. Also joint the Corp 2024 page on FB, as recommended by another member on this page. It has a lot of information, and you can ask them questions. They also have been talking about Gateway admits.

Thanks. That’s what I thought but it wasn’t very clear. I obviously need to look it over again.

@AggieMomhelp - responding to your reply "Congrats on the new Gateways! Best program out there in my opinion.

And yes, to change major, you need to check on the change of curriculum page to see what is required. Most require a set amount of tamu hours and gpa PLUS some courses completed (typically your maths and then major specific). There’s a great pdf on this for all majors and it lays it all out there."

I didn’t ask anything about changing a major, so I’m wondering if you might have gotten confused with to whom you were responding (totally understandable). My son isn’t Gateway - he is full admit via TAMUG (MARR) and TAMU Eng @ Galveston.

I was just curious if we could start a chat for Galveston bound engineers. Engineering LLC is located in the Maritime Academy Hall (but that’s not where my son wants to house).

@mjette1 the FB page is Aggie Corps 2024