TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@MomOfTeens77 - Thank you for the reply. That helps. Patience is the word of the year on this one.

Yes, it definitely is. :slight_smile:

Thatā€™s what my son has in AIS: " You have been admitted to Engineering Review (UNEN). Your NSC Registration will be delayed until the College of Engineering review has been completed. Files completed by October 15th will be reviewed and a decision notification posted here by mid-December. Decisions will post in mid to late January for files completing after October 15. "

I guess, thatā€™s what every auto or academic admit has with engineering major.

Good luck

@MomOfTeens77 - Same to you. Our sonā€™s says the exact same thing. I just thought there had to be some rhyme or reason to their methods. He of course is very anxious. I grew up in Bryan so therefore he has lots of relatives who want to take care of him on Sundays :slight_smile:

Chances of getting in:

When did you apply: Oct 15
Class Rank: Not a ranking school but guessing around 15% percentile
SAT (with Sub Scores)
ACT (with Sub Scores) 33 (36 E, 33R, 31 S, 30 M)
When did you receive your admission decision: Oct 17 (but still in Engineering Review)
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Academic Admit
Major/College of Choice: Biomedical Engineering

AP Scholar with Distinction, National Merit Commended, Band Leadership, National Honor Society, Club Treasurer

My daughterā€™s stats:

When did you apply: Oct 15 (but just got App is Complete and in review on 10/25)
Class Rank: Not a ranking school but guessing around 23rd percentile
SAT (with Sub Scores)1390 (690 reading / 700 math)
ACT (with Sub Scores)
When did you receive your admission decision: nothing yet but noticed 6 tabs today so hoping that is a good sign?
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Academic Admit
Major/College of Choice: Chemical Engineering

Can see 6 tabs in Howdy and says ā€œengineering reviewā€

@kasper0137 If her 3 tabs in Howdy have now changed to 6, she is in :slight_smile: All engineering students have to go through a review to be accepted into the program. We are supposed to hear something by mid December.

My son was accepted into Biology. SAT 1430, GPA 3.7, top Q1, in-state. I think that was automatic based on SAT and Q1. Good volunteer and leadership in HOSA. What are the chances of scholarships? Thanks

@fishfamx4 Can you message me when you get a chance, did you say you were Colorado resident? Had some questions, tried to PM you but I donā€™t think I have posted enough (and not sure if you can even message me).

@kasper0137 Sent you a message.

My son is applying for engineering as well. 1400, 4.3, Q1 with a significant amount of extracurricular activities. I never knew about howdy until today. Weā€™ve been using AIS to monitor activity on the application. Submitted on Oct 14 but SAT didnā€™t come in until yesterday. AIS shows ā€œEngineering Reviewā€ and howdy has all six tabs. So this is good sign? When should he expect to hear from them? Email? AIS? Thanks.

hi! I was wondering about my chances of getting in? Iā€™ve been so stressed about college and knowing where I stand lol (maybe Iā€™m overthinking everything), but if anyone could give me some relief or advice that would be wonderful!

When did you apply: Oct 14th (but it finally said Completed and In Review on Wednesday the 23rd)
Class Rank: Iā€™m 150 out of 875 (SUPER competitive high school :slightly_frowning_face:)
GPA: 3.8 out of 4.0/ 4.75 out of 5.0
WTD Numerical: I think itā€™s about 110
SAT: I canā€™t remember my Sub Scores but I had a 1340 (Iā€™m super bad test taker unfortunately)
When did you receive your admission decisions: not yet
Major/College of Choice: Engineering

Extracurriculars and extra info:
Clubs:
-NHS, EHS, Mu Alpha Theta(Math Honor Society, French Honor Society, Music Honor Society
-Orchestra Core Member (Historian); The Breakfast Club (VP); Women In STEM (President)
-Globally Green, French Club, Student Council, Students Demand Action

Jobs:
-babysitting during summer
-Restaurant (Front Worker) since summer till now; about 16-24 hours per week

Volunteering (in HS):
-CCA 27+ hours
-Language School 60+hours
-Trash Bash 20+ hours
-other volunteering but I think itā€™s too little to count

AP Classes:
AP Chem, APUSH, AP Calc AB, AP Calc BC, AP Gov, AP Econ, AP Eng 4, AP French 4

Other Info:
-Orchestra for 4 years (2nd Highest orch)
-speak another language fluently+studied french at school

• Iā€™d like to think that my essay and short answer were pretty good, and I got them checked as many times as possible lol!

@honeybee321123 I would take the residual ACT at TAMU. It is scored in 24 hours and reported directly to admissions since itā€™s done at TAMU. It also shows you are serious about TAMU. The fee is more than normal ACT cost. You are so close on your SAT but unfortunately last year we saw some that were right on the border still got PSA. If you really want TAMU it would be worth it to give it a try!!! Good luck!

For all of those wanting off campus housing, especially if you are looking in the Northgate area across from campus. I heard that The Rise started renting today and all 3,4,5 bedrooms are already gone. I know that The Standard is going quickly as well (this is where my DD lives and loves it). Not sure about the others but if this is the area you want to be in I would get a lease locked in :slight_smile:

Please donā€™t panic on off campus Housing. There are so many places. You will find your spot. Most places donā€™t even reach full Capacity since there are so many.

@AggieMomhelp Agree generally, I was just making sure people knew that if they want the Northgate area that waiting might not be a good ideaā€¦but yes, there are alot of other options further out. :slight_smile:

When did you apply: 10/15/2019
Class Rank: 292/862 (33%)
ACT (with Sub Scores): 32 (E: 32, M: 29, R: 35, S: 31, ELA: 28, STEM: 30)
When did you receive your admission decision: Pending
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice:
1: Aerospace Engineering
2: Industrial Distribution (Engineering)

Thank you so much for the advice! I was looking into it before, but unfortunately I live too far to go out and take it :frowning: Iā€™m hoping something will magically work out haha!

@honeybee321123 Best of luck to you! You still have strong stats so keep the faith!

Where does it say Engineering Review on the Howdy portal?

UPDATE*

Since my rank was so close (.3% away), they just accepted me as first quartile after they received my SRAR! Got the 6 tabs in Howdy! Donā€™t know if I am admitted in my major yet, but hopefully Iā€™ll get into it.