TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@firecracker12 The quickest way to know is to log into your AIS account. The first thing you’ll see is the status of your application. The Engineering Review is under column ’ Major’.

You can check it too through your Howdy account:
Go to tab ‘Applicant’ > Go to box ‘Manage Applications’, then click on the Manage Application link.

Does “Engineering Review “ mean you are already accepted to the school? Thanks.

Yes. It means you have already been accepted to the school but you are under review to be accepted for your major.

@icedmachiato It means you will be considered for the following programs
General Engineering at College Station

Engineering at Galveston (general deadline only)

Engineering Academies at Blinn-Bryan (general deadline only)

Engineering at McAllen

@kime100 it will show your major in howdy. If engineering it will be different. But if another major, it’ll show in ais your first major or second.

If engineering, should’t the first and second be the first two engineering choices? For example, my son’s says Petroleum Engineering, and then Civil Engineering. Did he do something wrong? He is not accepted into anything yet.

does tamu consider you for your second choice if you didnt get in to your first? for example if i put business as my first choice and communications as my second, even if i don’t get in to business could i still be offered a spot for comms?

For freshmen, if the first choice is full after you have been admitted, then you will be placed in 2nd choice. If that too is full, then they will reach out to you to choose another major.

If you are engineering and you have been accepted, they will give you either an alternative choice if you meet criteria or ask you to choose another major.

Thank you for the replies. Any idea how long it takes? I assume they will look at the whole profile along with numbers to decide. In my opinion he’s a well rounded with 1400/4.3. Thanks.

@icedmachiato My son applied on 9/23 and was accepted into the university a week later. His school does not rank so admissions calculated a class rank which took a few days. He was accepted into engineering at CS on 10/11. We are OOS and his stats are very similar to your child’s. He saw it in AIS and then received an email a few days later.

I just checked Howdy and saw my admission into Engineering. It says Major: ENGE and Program: BAC-ENGE-AE! I’ve been really stressed so im pretty psyched

When did you apply: 09/26/19
Class Rank: 57/643
SAT (with Sub Scores): 1500 (EBRW:760, Math:740)
ACT (with Sub Scores): N/A
When did you receive your admission decision: 10/08/19
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Auto-Admit
Major/College of Choice: Aerospace Engineering

Congratulations!!

Thank you!

I just checked Howdy and saw a change for daughter under Applicant then Manage Appllications. It says Major: ENGE and Program: BAC-ENGE-BM! AIS still says Under Review. Waiting for that to change so she can register for NSC.

When did you apply: 07/18/19
Class Rank: 10/425
SAT (with Sub Scores): N/A
ACT (with Sub Scores): 33
When did you receive your admission decision: 09/19/19
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Auto-Admit
Major/College of Choice: Biomedical Engineering

Thanks for the reply. I feel that he will get in from what I read on line and here but the fact that he has not got the response gives you an uncomfortable feel. Everything in howdy seems to indicate that they want to take him. All six tabs available, he even had the option to choose fixed/variable tuition.
Congrats to your son. I think his wait is due to his “late” in the game. All these ones that got answers applied way before October 15. His wasn’t completed until about a week ago. So it’s gonna be a while until we see something official.

@Tam1233 my son just checked the manage applications and it says the same as yours.

Application Status: WHOOP You have been ADMITTED Level: Undergraduate Major: ENGE
Program: BAC-ENGE-CS. Location:
College Station.

Then boxes for:

Accept Admission
Change Major
Decline Admission

AIS still says engineering review. I’m guessing it just hasn’t updated yet?

@Petefred congrats! I do believe that tomorrow is going to be a good day for a lot of our students! Whoop!

@Tam1233 thanks and congrats as well. A&M has changed a lot since I was there when it comes to Engineering. So as an old Ag I’m assuming that AIS will change tomorrow morning?

Well even as an “older Ag” you have way more experience than me. I’m just guessing based on what I have seen from others. ?

My manage application also just changed in howdy to BAC-ENGE-PE but since I applied I have decided I don’t want to do petroleum engineering which is what the PE means and that I’d rather do biomedical engineering or chemical. I know it’s general engineering first year but seeing that worried me. Will I have petroleum engineering specific classes instead of chemical or biomedical of I had put one of those as my first choice major when I applied? Should I change my major to one of those and can I do that? Thanks for any help