TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Congratulations to all !!!

My son got accepted into engineering yesterday. I just checked his Howdy. He doesn’t know yet :slight_smile:

Applied : around September 25th( forgot exact day, but I think it was 25th)
Accepted to TAMU: 1 week after application
class rank : 11%
ACT : 31
academic admit
Admitted to engineering:10/28/19

cw3131- I’m sorry that you are stressing, I’m not an expert, but I don’t think you have to worry about that right now. What if you call one of the advisors? They should let you know.

@Tam1233 - AIS portal changed this morning to say he is in!!! Congrats to alll.

My daughter was accepted to Engineering College Station this morning! Whoop!!

@PolomomTx Congrats! Be sure to register for NSC.

Do you have to look at Howdy or the AIS portal for acceptance or is an email sent?

@cw3131 Don’t touch your major. If you want to verify with an admissions person you can, but as you stated, you are all in general engineering. Nothing at all for your specific field of engineering. Not until you do ETAM after first year will you get into your actual field. So do not stress. But yes, feel free to chat with admin on this so you feel confident. Congrats!!!

My son is a holistic review admit for Meteorology and has six tabs in Howdy today! Does this mean he has full admittance? When I go to Manage Applications, it still says under review. AIS also still says Complete and Under Review. I’m pretty excited, but I want to make sure it’s warranted…lol! He is top 12% with a 1250 SAT and a 28 ACT and turned in his application on August 30th.

My daughter was accepted to engineering this morning.
She is 5% in her class, SAT = 1450
Such a relief to have this acceptance complete!
But- she is waiting to make a decision after hearing from other schools. Would it still be a good idea to register for NSC? What are the drawbacks of waiting until she makes a final decision.

@BattlinBillie2020 Congrats!!! 6 tabs usually means he’s admitted!!! AIS should change within a day or two!!

I’m not an expert here but I had same question about the six tabs. I called to confirm but the admissions said that’s not what it means. I was a bit disappointed :slight_smile: Regardless his ais changed to “welcome to aggieland” a few days later. ?

Registering for NSC means she is accepting the offer of admission. Don’t sign up until she has made her decision. But congratulations!!!

So I saw on the facebook page that several engineering acceptances went out today but only saw a few in here. My son was NOT one of them, sadly. who else is still waiting on engineering that was already admitted into the University?

@Boogie818 My son was an academic admit and is still sitting in Engineering Review… He was 1Q and a 30 ACT (30M, 30E, 28S, 32). Plenty of AP/honors classes in math/science so hoping that helps. But we are still waiting… :frowning:

My daughter got an email today because she forwarded it to me while she was at school. But I had already seen it on HOWDY because I couldn’t help myself. Very exciting but starting to feel a little too real.

My son was admitted to Engineering today, 6.5%, NMSF, SAT 1600, GPA 4.0 or 4.82/5.0, normal EC , and I guess test scores and GPA helped. Very excited if he can be 2nd generation Aggie!

Accepted General Eng, Applied as CS

When did you apply: 9/28, SAT Recieved on Oct 14
Class Rank: Unknown. Does not RANK. Estimate between 15-25%
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1480 720R 760M
ACT (with Sub Scores)
When did you receive your admission decision: 10/29/19
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Academic Admit
Major/College of Choice: CS

My daughter got her acceptance last night!! Know she has to decide between Texas Tech & A&M. She has wanted A&M since elementary school but Tech is huge on large animals as a focus and the scholarships they offer are very hard to pass up. Going to be a very hard decision for her.

When did you apply: 8/5/2019
Class Rank: 379/1365 - 27.8%
GPA: 3.85 UW 3.99 W
ACT (with Sub Scores) 32 (27 English, 31 Math, 34 Science, 34 Reading)
When did you receive your admission decision: 10/29/19-Full Admit
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: Animal Science - Pre-Vet

I posted about my son yesterday. I saw the 6 tabs around 9:30 am and by 3:30 pm the same day, his AIS said “You’ve Been Admitted!” So exciting! Luckily, I saw it before he did, so we were able to surprise him last night.

My son got his acceptance email yesterday! We are OOS so will see what scholarship offers there might be. Also planning to do Corps of Cadets and NROTC as his plan is to one day be a Marine Corps Officer. He has applied for the NROTC scholarship … we know God has a plan… we are hoping and praying! We were happy to have step 1 complete with his acceptance yesterday!
Applied early September I believe
Ranked top 10%
4.0 GPA / 20+ dual credit hours (4.0 as well)
ACT - 29
Admission decision - 10/29/19 - College Station
Review Admit
Major - Agribuisness

Congratulations! Out of curiosity - what was his second choice of major? And is he in state?