TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@atxmom67 When did your son apply? and was he auto or academic admit?

My son saw all 6 tabs in Howdy this morning and major updated to:
Major: ENGE Program: BAC-ENGE-ME Location: College Station

He is a holistic review and applied 10/10. Everything still says “Under Review” though, nothing says admitted. Wondering when we can officially get excited. LOL If this is good news, I am very surprised that he is finding out this early, but so relieved!!

Howdy was updated yesterday’s afternoon. AIS updated this morning. A bit later two emails sent. No fancy letter like when admitted to the school. Looks like your daughter is in review group. She may have to wait until they’re done with auto and academic admit. My son’s file was completed a few days after Oct 15. Best of luck.

Hi All,
I am so happy. Just now I checked my son’s AIS and it says “Congratulations and welcome to Aggie family”. Thanks to all who have been helping here in this forum.

Regards

I think he is in. Go celebrate. :smiley:

So, I got nervously optimistic yesterday and checked my son’s HOWDY portal. NO CHANGE :frowning:
He is still in Engineering Review. Checked again today ( several times). I’m so jealous!!!
But happy for those that are in and over this agonizing wait.

@Aggie2002Dad Congratulations!!! Glad I was half wrong in my earlier comment :smile:

@hsmom2020 , Congratulations to your son! Thanks for posting as a homeschooler; I haven’t seen too many homeschoolers getting in yet. I have a high school junior who will be applying this summer as a homeschooler so I’m very glad to see your news!

I am curious why this matters and why you are asking why people are still applying this late (as you mentioned in another post).

My own son applied in the first part of August, but plenty of his friends have waited for applications because they wanted to take the SAT over again or because they were busy getting back into the swing of a new school year, etc. Not everyone is going to apply the minute the applications open. TAMU has even told us that that has no bearing on their acceptance.
Engineering is really the only are that it is encouraged to apply before October 15, but even that is not their hard-fast rule. Students still have until December 1st. They just aren’t guaranteed to be notified until later.

@Boogie818 Hang in there. I honestly wasn’t expecting to hear anything until closer to mid December. Especially when I compare my sons stats to the others I have been seeing get in before him. It’ll happen

Hi, All
My son got the email today that he was accepted into General engineering as CS major. So happy to see it since I haven’t expected to get news so early.

Thank you @AggieMomhelp and Congrats all other who already get it. Wish others to get good news who are waiting.

Have a nice weekend !

What will change in AIS or Howdy when you’ve been accepted into the College of Engineering through the Engineering Review process?

When in the Howdy portal, click applicant and click manage applications. If you are accepted it should say something like ENGE instead of UNEN.

When did you apply: 8/09/2019

Class Rank: unranked

SAT (with Sub Scores) 1410 (740 EBRW 670 Math)
ACT (with Sub Scores)

When did you receive your admission decision: Engineering Admit Decision (Nov 14, 2019)

Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Academic for the school but Review for Engineering

Major/College of Choice: Engineering

AGGIEP
 The Howdy Portal will change from Engineering Review to say
 “Congratulations, (name)! Welcome to the Aggie Family!” “It is our pleasure to inform you of your acceptance to the College of Engineering.”

@Sybylla Nope. I am in-state. I was just having trouble writing a good application essay. Also, many of my teachers are busy giving/grading assignments so it them a while to finish their letters of recommendation, and I didn’t want to apply without having those.

@AggieMomhelp Is Mays really full? Are they not planning on accepting anymore people? I really wanted to go there but I just applied today.

@kasper0137 Does a change like this one happen when you get into mays too? Or does this change only happen for engineering?

and I didn’t want to apply without having those.<<<<<<<

It is not a great look though, a kid with your stats but hit by rank issues leaving it to look like an afterthought. I assume TAMU is not your school of choice in any way but this late application strategy for all your schools is a head scratcher, you don't have parents? Aren't you being nagged to death on a daily basis for this? It is NOVEMBER LOL. 

Mays appears to now be full based on the recent post that an acceptance changed from Mays to the 2nd choice major.
Looks like @BlueBayouAZ was correct with the prediction of when Mays would fill up (below post is from early November).