TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@“on.kwon” That is still the page in Howdy where you will see the major you are assigned once your are admitted . That seems ( for the most part ) to update before AIS. Also , since you just applied , having the numbers of tabs in Howdy change from 3 to 6 is a sign you are admitted also .

@on.kwon, also in the AIS page go the Communications tab where they generally post the Letter of Admission letter. If you see that letter then its 100% official. I spoke to one of the A&M Admission Counselors yesterday and he told me that they are trying to release the Engineering Admission decisions within next 2 weeks. But that may be for Auto Admits, Academic Admits as well as review Admits who had applied earlier to 15th Oct. Not sure what is the deadline for people who had applied after 15th Oct or planning to apply by 1st Dec.

@boogie818 You are correct in the regard that students have until later to apply, however many people in this thread have already stated Mays business fills up very quickly, and can be completely full by October. Thus the late date of application is something that people are questioning because it should be a well known fact to people applying to Mays that applying earlier is better.

@“on.kwon” In the case of Mays, when you receive your acceptance to A&M, you will be accepted into Mays. So when you receive your letter of acceptance it should state that you’re already in the business school. I believe engineering is the only major with a second application process after getting in A&M.

I’m hoping this gives some hope to those engineering applicants that might not have “elite” test scores…
My son was accepted to: “Freshman 2020 Fall General Engineering EN BAC College Station” (copy & pasted from AIS) yesterday. He’s not one of those gifted students, it’s never come easy for him, but he’s a super hard worker and we’re very exited that his hard work is paying off.

Here’s his stats:

When did you apply: 09/17/19
Class Rank: Top 6%
SAT (with Sub Scores): 1290 composite, 600 math, 690 reading/writing
ACT (with Sub Scores): 29 composite, 24 math, 33 english/reading
When did you receive your admission decision: admission to “engineering review” on 10/01/19… admission to “General Engineering CS” on 11/14/19
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Auto-Admit
Major/College of Choice: Mechanical Engineering (2nd choice was Civil Engineering).

In addition:
Straight “A” student w/perfect attendance (since elementary school).
8 AP courses and 8 Pre-AP courses
4 yrs of baseball
AP Physics 1 and AP Physics 2
Robotics 1 and Robotics 2

I’ll add that my son is a little behind in math because his freshmen year was his first year in the public school system and they refused to take his 8th grade Algebra 1 credit from the private school he attended, so he had to retake Alg 1 his freshmen year. This means he will have only completed pre-cal by graduation. That said, he’s always taken the highest math courses he could (Pre-AP) and his lowest semester average in any math course has been a 95%. So he’s good at math, he just hasn’t learned it yet.

@atheom you are correct unless Mays is full (and from we’ve heard, it is), then 2nd choice major will be granted. Mays if first come first serve basis. Engineering has 2ndary review process done by admissions office (not engineering dept). Once any major (aside from eng) is full, then you are given your 2nd choice. If 2nd choice is also full, then they will ask you to chose another major that is still available.

My AIS says I have been accepted into TAMU and the major says “General Engineering”, but I don’t think I have been put through the Engineering Review process yet. I just got accepted yesterday. My friends are telling me it should say “Engineering Review”. Can someone explain to me what this all means?

Unfortunately I’m no expert on this, but your best bet to see if you really got in is to go through AIS and into your letters (there should be a little tab that says “my letters”) and see if there’s an acceptance letter. I believe mine started off by saying “Congratulations (name) you have been admitted to Texas A&M at College Station to the College of Engineering.” Or something along those lines :slight_smile:

I had the same thing happen to me, I was “accepted” but I wasn’t even put into Engineering Review unlike my other friends. I’m assuming admissions just did a big sweep of engineering reviews regardless of whether they’ve been under engineering review or just anxiously waiting. Also, I’ve seen a lot of people comment that AIS usually changes/updates before the test of the system! I hope this helps, and I’m sorry if I didn’t completely answer your question

Just discovered this site and thread as we anxiously await a decision on our sons engineering application. One question I have…everyone indicates that a status they see is “engineering under review”. His doesn’t say that. On “manage applications” tab it says “under review” and it has his requested major ELEN. On AIS tab it says “My app is complete and in review” and it shows Electrical Engineering as his major. He applied Sept 20th. Does this mean he is not yet in “Engineering review”?

@CBD1968 I suggest going to the AIS and checking the letters sent out by A&M. If your son already got accepted into A&M, he should currently be in engineering review.

My son’s looked like that, only AEEN, while he was under engineering review. He got accepted in engineering and in the school at once, in Oct, and then it changed to BAC-ENGE-AE. Good luck!

is anyone else still waiting for a decision :confused:

@m0tionsickn3ss I am! I applied to the college of liberal arts though.

@laurarwrites i’m getting worried lol, are you a review applicant

@m0tionsickn3ss yeah just barely. Got a 26 instead of a 27 on the math ACT.

@laurarwrites oof, my stats are pretty below average so i feel like the fact that i haven’t heard anything yet isn’t a good sign

@m0tionsickn3ss just hang in there! You may not even hear back till as late as March.

@laurarwrites well by that logic neither would you lol

@m0tionsickn3ss
Correct, A&M has rolling admissions and many Review Admits hear back in the Feb-Mar timeframe

Review applicants that are close to auto or academic may hear in December. In January and February we’ll get the other holistic reviews. Then blinn team comes out and then PSA in March along with full denials. Tamu Denies very little and uses PSA as a soft denial with the hopes these students can get full admit as a transfer free 24 credits and 3.0 gpa. However, not all majors participate in PSA.