TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@TXFriscoSon All engineering majors start at general engineering as it is an ETAM major - see here: https://engineering.tamu.edu/academics/undergraduate/entry-to-a-major/index.html

Edited to add: congratulations!

@TXFriscoSon, yes, during the first year, all students will follow a common general engineering curriculum.

All of those waiting - be patient - we were in your shoes last year obssessing EVERY DAY since the day they applied (just ask @AggieMomhelp and @Thelma2 ). While we didn’t get the outcome we had hoped for, that is in the past and we are only looking forward. My son is at TAMU CC (courtesy of PSA program) and is counting down the days to when he will officially be at Texas A&M College Station. So be patient and enjoy the ride - your kiddos will be in college this time next year!!

So I think it’s a great sign that either;

One your first choice major is the only thing there
Two only your 2nd choice major is there
Three it gives option to withdraw or change major!
Those are positives for sure. Typically your first or second choice major won’t move until they’ve made a decision.

HOWEVER, I’m going to say that the 6 tabs will populate in the morning and then you’ll get the congrats after that. Until the 6 tabs, we can’t be 100% sure, but those things above look extremely promising!

omg the manage application has changed from major saying UNEN (which is engineering review) to Level : Undergraduate Major: ENGE Program: BAC-ENGE-AE Location: College Station! AIS hasnt updated yet but this is so exciting because we thought he has going to get Engineering Academies due to his SAT and ACT test scores!!!

After reading your response, I have to wonder
does TAMU offer full admissions to a greater % of OOS kids in the holistic review process because they will pay full tuition? I know they would most likely have a lower % of attending for that same reason as well. Just curious

I have a question my ais says my major and my location says college station does that mean I got in

Thanks!

Howdy was updated with six tabs in morning and in couple of hours AIS was updated with congratulatory message.

Wait how do we check our admissions

sorry this might be a old question

We’ve had those for a while. Are you sure that yours changed? I’m so confused now. My daughter’s has never shown “UNEN” after major. It’s always said Major: CVEN, and Program: BS-CVEN-GCE, Location: College Station. Her first choice was Civil Engineering.

Yes, it has always said UNEN as the major which meant that he was in engineering review. I would check almost daily and it updated to BAC-ENGE-AE. From the pattern I have seen on this website, it means that he has gained full admission and we will wait until it updates on AIS

Wow! Congrats! Can someone please explain why we’ve never had 'UNEN"? Ours has always had BS-CVEN-GCE. I’m sure I’m missing something, just don’t know what! :blush: HELP!

Does it still say that your application is in review? Or have you gained admission to the university but on AIS does it say that you’re in Engineering Review?

It says in review I checked howdy I just found out how to get there.

Application status is “under review”.

Then that’s why. My friend had gained admission into the university as an automatic admit but had been placed under engineering review. So if it says that you’re still under review then noting about the major will change. His went from saying BAC-ENGE-AE for when he first applied and then to UNEN when he was accepted to the university but not his major and now I believe it’ll say he is in General Engineering once AIS updates because all first year engineering students won’t be put in their area-specific major

You know what, you are right, I remember seeing UNEN before too
but I don’t see that anymore
but I still don’t see six tabs

So it appears many people who were engineering deferred under auto admit or academic admit, are now hearing back with some kind of acceptance. Anyone hear back that was under holistic review for engineering?

This is so nerve racking on college admissions. Good Luck to everyone. We are still in the waiting game, but my OCD is triggered and I want to know especially when some have reported here that they got admitted into Engineering.

Thanks for all the posts and help on the questions. It is my one and only child so I have no idea what to expect.