TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@tamuparent Yes, we saw the same thing when our son was admitted to CS (Computer Science) as well. See my earlier post. Congratulations !!

My sons major preference has shifted
 it was 1. Comp Sci and then 2, Computer Engineering.

Now thsey have flip flopped in AIS. It says underneath that it is a normal part of the process, but does anyone know what it means? Does it signify that his first choice rejected him?

Correction BELOW a B.

@Mommmm430 There’s another option
 move up here to Aggieland. Enroll at Blinn as a full time student. Complete the required courses for transfer admission. Complete them in the Fall. If you have total of 24 graded credits (dual and blinn) and have completed the required courses, you can register in January for the following summer or fall. There is no guarantee of course, but we live here and know so many that graduated locally and did this very thing and had no trouble getting in. Their GPA was around a 3.5 on average. None of these were Mays or Engineering students that I know of. Just so I don’t have to go hunt (I am lazy), what major is she wanting?

I’m not sure how true that is but your numbers are sitting slightly above last year’s sat/math for engineering. Being an oos is really a disadvantage when you apply to tx public schools. Good luck!

Congrats on all the latest acceptances. In case you’re not aware, unlike ut, tamu put all engineering students into general engineering when accepted. Major is decided later on depending on their interest and performance at tamu.

Public Health

Oh dear. That’s one of the most restrictive and demanding to transfer into. Have you seen the required courses? And you must have 42 credits not 24 like other majors. I honestly don’t think I’ve ever seen one like this. Have you looked???

@hmporter64, the specific major doesn’t matter at this point. All engineering students will take general engineering curriculum first before they declare their majors. Hope this helps.

So seeing all of these acceptances
 is there a chance that this week is the week that most of us should hear a decision back for the Early Action Enginnering?

If we did PTA she would do Allied Health and I never looked at the transfer only route before.

Few questions!!! Noticed something new in Howdy, called Class Search? Not sure if this is a sure sign, but does anyone know what that means? I’m not going to get my hopes up though! Also in AIS , has Site Code Desc: College Station always been there? Or am I just now noticing that as well?? Really nervous!! So happy to finally see acceptances:)) Lastly Is it just engineering majors that will be hearing back or others as well???

Could someone please remind me where the extra tabs will show up? Please be very specific. If someone is not admitted yet, what tabs would show now, and which ones are added later? I can’t find any!

I am a high school senior and i am stressed out about whether i am going to get into Texas A&M and Ohio state. I am a Texas resident and dont know if i should go to Ohio state because of how expensive it is which is making me lean towards TAMU. However i dont know if i will be admitted to TAMU because i am applying for Biomedical engineering and i heard stories of qualified candidates getting rejected because of how competitive TAMU engineering is. Here are my stats
-SAT: 1330 : 700 Math, 630 Reading
-Will have taken 8 AP classes
*Calculus BC (in progress)
*Lit.(in progress)
*Biology(in progress)
*Macroeconomics(in progress)
*Government(in progress)
*World history(4 on exam)
*United states history(5 on exam)
*Comp. ( 3 on the Exam)
-not many extracurriculars
-Applied to both regular decision

@tamuparent Congrats

@AggieMomhelp BIMS has Public Health beat as being one of the higher requirements for transfer. 45 minimum hours required to transfer in with a slew of science/math courses (all with labs) required before application as well. I think this is why my son has decided against that major. He could change his mind after a year at TAMU but who knows. My daughter’s double major has piqued his interest so for now, he is following her path.

Thanks for your response! I wonder why they change them if it doesn’t matter? Because yes I remember them saying when we met with an admissions counselor that all engineering students are General ENgineering their freshmen year
 Ah well
 it is sort of nice to see any action at all happening on his AIS page. :slight_smile:

On your phone there is a Howdy at the left corner and if you click on it 3 tabs show up Home-Applicant-MyHowdy. If you are accepted you will see 6 tabs.

Today we saw 6 tabs appear. AIS not changed yet but we assume will be a matter of hours. We can not believe our son is going to the USA to study at A&M Cstat!

For other people to use as benchmark, hereby the stats:

When did you apply: 7/11
Class Rank: High School in The Netherlands doesn’t rank (but AIS ranked him Top25%)
SAT (with Sub Scores): 134 (660 EBRW- 680 Math)
ACT (with Sub Scores)- 26 Composite
When did you receive your admission decision: Not yet (but today 6 tabs)
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: 1st Business Admin (Mays), 2nd Economics (Liberal Arts).
Major at AIS has been changed into Econ (Mays was most likely full)

@Dutchie2024 Congrats! 6 tabs makes it official!

So, the same place we’ve been seeing 3 tabs: Home-Applicant-MyHowdy, when you open for the first time of the day (will only update once/day after 7:30AM?), you will see 6 tabs instead of the 3? Or, do you need to click somewhere on the 3 tabs to look for the 6 tabs? Sorry
just SUPER anxious!!