TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Hi, since I am one of the people who “chanced” him - I want to make it clear, and I said it at the time, this applicant was next to impossible to chance, because his scores and rank were so different. There are not many other candidates like him to compare too.

First off - he is an auto admit to TAMU - so this whole conversation probably more belongs on the engineering review thread.

And you can’t say the the 60 credit hours were a “downfall” in this abnormal case. They actually could have been what pushed him to getting a college station engineering offer, since he was already admitted to the university. I think it was @AggieMomhelp that mentioned that having that many hours would probably lead to a College Station admit or a denial instead of an academy offer. He was going able to go to TAMU regardless of the engineering decision - he would have had his backup major or pick an available major.

It is just not common to have a candidate that is in the Top 2% of their graduating class and around the bottom 28% of SAT scores admitted TAMU (the middle 50% spread is 1170-1380). And add on junior worth of college credit hours.

This candidate was a unicorn of sorts.

Congrats to him! I am sure he is super excited. And it’s great that he has a friend like you already on campus. It’s a win/win.

THIS!

And, this is especially relevant for all of the juniors (soon to be rising seniors) and parents who are watching this thread, as so many of us did last year. The first class that will not have “Academic Admits”, no less.

The other category that is rarely (nearly never) mentioned, because you won’t find it in the Common Dataset, or on the admissions sites, is “evolving needs and direction”. All universities (and the colleges within), have strategic plans, and make adjustments that impact how many, and what types of students they may be seeking for each enrollment class. It very rarely comes down to just “stats” alone.

We posted this last year, and I’ll post it again. This is from TAMU’s admissions mission statement:

“To attract and enroll an academically prepared student body that is geographically, ethnically, and economically diverse and representative of the State of Texas”

My son got the 6 tabs this morning…Review admit, International Studies…

in state or OOS?

are they releasing decisions every day this week? If i am engineering and a review admit will i even hear this week or should I assume blinn team/academy decision

@burnerphone415 never ever assume anything. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst and it will all work out! = )

Does anybody know if they’re first releasing the early decisions that were pushed back? Currently waiting for my engineering decision, met the regular decision, but auto-admit.

I got accepted into General Engineering!! :slight_smile: been nervously waiting for months. Now I need to choose between UT and TAMU… no matter what I will disappoint half of my family bc they are split.

What are your stats? We are still waiting.

in

Congrats on advancing to State for Mock Trial!

I posted this earlier today. http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/discussion/comment/22536822/#Comment_22536822

It shows you the way things happened last year and should give you an idea of what to expect this year.

Congrats! What are your stats? I am currently waiting for my engineering decision. Could you pick UT and gove me your spot, heheh? Just kidding! Seriously congrats!

After 3 months of engineering review, I had finally got in yesterday!

Hi Guys, forgive me for obsessively posting on here but I am very nervous regarding my engineering decision. Currently, I have been accepted to TAMU as an academic admit (got my acceptance in october).
I have been in engineering review ever since (my Howdy manage applications tab says : Application Status: WHOOP! You have been ADMITTED Level : Undergraduate Major: UNEN Program: BAC-UNEN Location: College Station) under active applications.
From reading this forum, it seems most of the early action Engineering academic/auto admits got their full Cstat admission this week. I still have not gotten mine.
Should I remain hopeful until the end of this week (Friday the 17th) or is it simply not gonna happen since it hasn’t happened already
What about next week? In case I don’t hear back this week, should I even expect anything/be hopeful for next week?
Is this friday gonna be pretty the end of full CStat Engineering acceptances?
Please please let me know

I think they are releasing decisions each day. Multiple people heard the last few days. I really hope i hear from them soon too.

@burnerphone415 are you an engineering academic admit priority applicant?

Hey y’all, I was wondering if you would consider today a “wave” of admits for the holistic review applicants with majors that aren’t engineering or if there might be a wave later this week?

I’m a little confused on what the six tabs mean

@vtec1101 they are on the Howdy portal. Normally there are only three to click on. Pattern seems to be when accepted to A&M there are then 6 tabs available.