TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

No tabs for us this morning. we were pretty excited last night with the clues on manage application page but may not be what we thought

Still in Review is better than a denial so i’m staying hopeful… my GCE has been there since last week so hopefully it will change to an admittance this week.

@soccer19310 we don’t know when our “GCE” appeared but first noticed it yesterday. I was afraid it could have been there the whole time and I just never noticed it. So you are confirming that “GCE” was added to yours? looks like this - Program: BS-CVEN-GCE. thanks

honestly…the longer i wait the more i want to give up & do CAP at UT. I am very over this.

@trinley I don’t remember it being there before… Maybe they are still deciding on us but atleast it isn’t a denial!!! it’s important to stay postitive during this because it will definetely wear you out. Just know everything happens for a reason

It seems like theres no wave today either.

@soccer19310 thanks for the response. we are not stressing or worrying too much as we have a backup plan. Just a sense of excitement last night that we are trying to temper. The world does not end with a denial. waiting is part of life and we will continue to wait patiently. The outcome is certain.

@HopefulAggie200 what major are you waiting on? BIMS?

Yes @DFWAggie18 i’m about to just switch to engineering or something to receive a faster response, because CLEARLY A&M has a system.

Major changed this morning to general engineering and location is Galveston. He obviously wanted to be in College Station but he is happy to be an Aggie. Congrats to all that got accepted today and good luck to everyone still waiting! Hopefully you will all know soon!

no change except date changes every couple of minutes in the corner…but we are bio majors.

@HopefulAggie200 I don’t think switching to engineering will make it go any faster. It would probably delay your decision further as engineering performs a separate holistic review.Plus you would go into a major that is not your first choice for the short-term gain of having not to wait a few more weeks. Hopefully this process will help prepare you for a lifetime of waiting. job interviews, children, etc. Some of the biggest mistakes I have made in life was the result of being impatient.

well, i’ve thought of those outcomes…and i’m not going to do it. It was just a nice little thought

Late to this discussion and this may have already been answered - anyone know when we will hear about Mays Business School acceptances ?

Good Morning Everyone. I hated to be away last night, just as majors were coming out but it couldn’t be helped. Duty calls and well, here we are. SO much to catch up on.

CONGRATULATIONS to everyone on your admissions decisions.
First let me say, an admissions to one of the academies or to Galveston is a great thing! While everyone wants a seat in College Station, it just can’t be done as well as, A&M wants to give everyone the best chance at success. College Engineering is more rigorous, time consuming, and competitive than anything you have done in high school.

To Engineering Majors: @93txag @KIMZ99 @bluefordaggie @Shayne8 @Zeronote @VEXisLife CONGRATULATIONS!!
The Admissions decision for Engineering at Galveston is completely different than applying to Galveston. General Engineering at Galveston is a very new program and most do not know about it yet.
There are a certain number of seats for general engineering at College Station. When those seats are filled with full admits, they move to the next applicant that qualified for full admissions, and offer them a Galveston. It is just an extension of the program in College Station. These seats are limited to around 1200. These students will complete the exact same classes in Galveston as the students in College Station. The. Exact. Same.

During April of the second semester Freshman year, the General Engineering students at Galveston will apply for Entry To A Major (ETAM) exactly like the students in College Station. You will learn your major decision in June and transition to College Station for sophomore year to continue with your degree, in your major. It is not a transfer. It is a transition. If you complete the freshman requirement successfully, you automatically go to College Station.

Do not confuse it with any of the other majors at Galveston. For those majors, even Ocean Engineering, you must apply directly to TAMUG itself. No one can apply directly to TAMUG for General Engineering. That is strictly only an A&M admissions decision offered to applicants.

@txnjenn what does it say exactly?
@pjweatherman It does sound like Engineering Academy at Blinn! Congrats! This morning, you should have a clear decision/tabs.
@soccer19310 Would you please share your stats?

@LeStaphSergeant and others who applied after Oct 15, I am not sure about check marks, as I don’t recall those being anything from last year (I could very well have forgotten) but no movement means your admissions isn’t decided yet. From earlier communications that have been posted, Engineering is working on apps submitted by the ED Oct 15 deadline. You are a Dec 1 applicant, so you are likely not in this round.

@Mother2018 @HopefulAggie200 @Hopefulaggie22 @Ross2729 @TXagghopeful1 tonight seems to be only for engineering majors that are 2 months behind on the Early Decisions release by applying by Oct 15. Engineering is completely separate from all other majors at A&M. Has its own application and decisions release dates and in no way has anything to do with any other majors decisions. Don’t be discouraged.

@NNat45 I am not sure about the abbreviations about other majors. What is yours? From what I am seeing others say, the checkmarks are a good thing but I cannot vouch for that with any accuracy.
@kdblev @3rdgenAg Could you share your stats?

technically speaking decisions can come out as late as mid march right?

@Thelma2

1240 SAT
3.6 unweighted, 4.2 weighted
no ACT
top 32%
Math Honor Society, English Honor Society, Stuco, Rotary Interact Club President, Over 150 Hours of community service and was elected to visit Team BUILD for tamu engineering in the summer. Work at a winery for 20 hrs per week

@Thelma2 I’m very confused why my thing has program: BAC-CVEN-GCV , does this mean anything? Have you ever seen it before? me and @trinley have the same thing.

@HopefullAggie200 I think there are a lot of us waiting on BIMS! Until we start seeing people posting admits for BIMS we need to just relax and keep waiting.

@Thelma2 I believe you can no longer apply to TAMUG with the major of Ocean Engineering. My understanding from when my son applied in Fall 2016 (first year it was changed) is that you had to apply to TAMUCS general engineering and sometime during your first year, apply to Ocean Engineering just as one would if they were applying to their discipline of choice. I think that the Ocean Engineering Department has been moved and now falls under CVEN department at CS.

However, it could have been changed back to how ti was prior 2016 where you could apply directly, just thought I’d share our experience.

has anyone been able to determine what other majors are open and available? Son was accepted this morning to Eng Galv and will likely accept unless he can think of another major that is open at CS. We will lay out his choices between becoming an engineer at A&M (starting in Galv) and picking another major just to be in CS, which I’m not convinced is worth it in the long run - but his decision not mine.

Would just like to see a list of open majors to know what are his options. Thanks