TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

Thank You!

@YourCollegeMom We have a junior at TAMU and are going to her Songfest event too! We are staying at Calvary Court near Century Square for the first time. Looking forward to it!

@PleaseGod2022 My daughter and I are also attending the Aggie Info. Day on the 20th. She has already put her deposit down and has signed a lease with The Callaway House on George Bush Drive. I just hope we will be able to use it. Anxiously waiting for any sign of acceptance! If for some reason she does not get accepted :(( , then we loose $200 deposit. I just wanted her to have a space available for her with her friends that have already been accepted. Good luck to you and your daughter!

We attended Scholar Day for Engineering this past Monday on 11/13, stayed at the Fairfield Inn on Texas Ave nice hotel. It was a quick trip, we did a lot of walking and toured the Northside dorms, did a campus tour and got some info regarding the program and admissions. My son is no longer in review and was accepted to Engineering at TAMU two weeks ago so we were able to apply for housing and our NSC Conference. They did mention rolling admissions and when you do get accepted to apply for housing within 30 days of acceptance and to fill out your FASFA.

@TAMUkbr I’ve been there, done that with my TAMU Junior that was offered Blinn Team in 2015 and took it, begrudgingly at first and then got excited. She lived at Cambridge (on campus housing closed in Dec of her year and she wasn’t accepted until (2/14) and honestly it was less than fantastic and I am REALLY hoping my 2022 hopeful can get on campus!

Nov SAT scores came out today… I got a1510 (m. 800). What are my odds now, Class rank: 43%, essay explains how struggles with Autism, DCD, and ADHD hurt my grades in high school.

@Trommald that is a fantastic score! Congrats. I can’t remember what you said before about your school trend. Did you start off bad and trended up sophomore and junior year? If so, then I think you have an excellent chance of full admit. If however your gpa stayed not so hot, I would think they would offer you gateway to kind of ease you into tamu. That’s a great option as well. But obviously you are smart, they’ll just want to make the best decision for you to succeed in the college arena!! Best of luck and keep us posted. Wow… 1510?

@Trommald WOW!! A perfect 800 Math Score on the SAT??!! FANTASTIC!! And a 710 on the Verbal portion when you are diagnosed with Autism? I would say that you have really conquered obstacles and that very few people have achieved your success. Be very proud of your accomplishment!

With your stellar scores and your essays explaining your struggles in the first few years of High School, I would think that you have a great chance to earn a full admit. Especially if your grades show an upward trend and are much higher in the last two years. If they have any concerns about how you might cope with being a long way from home in a brand new environment, you might be offered another CStat option like Blinn Engineering or Gateway. And these are fantastic options.

Have you visited the campus yet? I know that there isn’t a lot of time left until the deadline, and you live OOS, and maybe they don’t factor in an official visit in the application review process, but if you have the time, it wouldn’t hurt. And it will give you the opportunity to see how you might fit into the whole TAMU experience. Aggies are a “different breed”! They say that from the inside, you can’t explain being and Aggie and from the outside, you can’t understand it.

I am not an Aggie, (I am not from TX and went to college OOS), but my 2 daughters are very proud Aggies. And I am very proud of them for being Aggies! I can tell you that I have never been on a more friendlier campus than TAMU. And of course, the school spirit is legendary.

My second daughter, currently a Blinn-TEAM Freshman, was a review applicant last year. Her class rank was 53% with a 3.5 unweighted gpa, only one English Dual Credit and scores of ACT 27 (31 on Reading) and 1250 SAT E670-M580), 4 years on a school team and also her Senior year on a competitive team outside of school, (and with that schedule she had very few volunteer hours). She applied with English/Liberal Arts as a desired Major. Not sure what it was in her application that caused the TAMU admissions people to look beyond her low class rank and mid average scores other than she wrote a brief mention of a serious concussion in the 8th grade (which caused her to miss 2 months of 8th grade, drop out of Algebra I that year and it still affected her health and grades for the next 2 years) PLUS she had an official visit in Sept. '17 which also included a meeting with an English Dept adviser and sitting in on an English Honors class. This visit also helped her to get a feel for the campus and realize that she would fit in well as a student there. She had attended football games with us and her big sister (Aggie Class of '16) and had spent a little time on campus but actually visiting the campus while classes were in session really helped her to realize that TAMU was a good fit for her. (I didn’t want her to want to go there just because her sister was an Aggie).

I wish you all the best, hang in there and don’t stress. Enjoy your Senior year as much as possible, it goes by quickly!

Thanks for the kind words! Being a conservative from LA county California, I am just done with blue state nonsense. I was looking at a lot of schools in Texas, but after visiting A&M, I just fell in love. I would gladly accept TEAM, galveston, and Gateway. I would even seriously consider PSA. I have taken an official tour and went to the Bama game this year, which was really fun and showed me how dedicated the student body is.

Sophomore year was my worst with a 3.2, I got a 3.8 junior year.

so… to update scores, you just send it to the school via college board, right?

Yes, send it in via college board. Congrats on your new score. Send it asap, as college board isn’t always expedient and you want it there asap.

Have we heard of ANY holistic review candidates being admitted yet? (I think there was one mentioned last week but think it was Galveston and was still waiting on College Station)

I know a girl last year that was admitted Thanksgiving week. Hoping we start seeing Holistic Review accepts soon for 2022. Thanksgiving Dinner would taste so much better with an accept! :slight_smile:

@PleaseGod2022 Yes, I was holistic review and admitted into engineering 2 weeks ago.

Thanks and Congrats @Evon1254 . That’s fantastic. I’m so excited for you. If you choose TAMU, you’re gonna love it. I have a Junior there and it’s been just wonderful.

It seems that Engineering has it’s own separate process. I wonder if there are any non-engineering holistic review admits that have come through?

@PleaseGod2022 Yea, I can’t speak for non-engineering majors. Thanks btw and I have already commited to A&M :slight_smile:

Application Date: Oct 25
GPA & Class Rank: 3.92 31%
SAT: 1370
Major: Visualization
In state
Club & extracurricular: NHS, NAHS, instrumental club, tennis

Ahhh the wait is killing me, I feel like it would be a waste for me to go to UH(yeah so bold sorry), but my friends in class of 2021 who had similar stats as me mostly got PSA or rejected?

@Hailey7 Don’t you see PSA as an option you could take? I am not saying that it would be somehow likely option for you, but given your stats, you would do very well in a system school and then transfer to College Station. Maybe taking the freshman courses at a smaller school is more convenient than College Station. I am thinking this on behalf of my kid and friends, and I encourage them to take PSA if offered.

Think about appealing any decision which keeps you out of CStat. My Freshman Blinn-Teamer would have appealed if she had gotten PSA or denied. It can’t hurt and it might help. There were at least 2 on the CC group last year who were offered PSA and appealed. One received full admit to Mays and the other was offered Gateway.

It is so early in the process. No one that is holistic non engineering applicants have heard yet. I know the waiting is excruciating and with each passing week (or day) our minds start to go to the “worst” case scenario. We, myself included, need to take a breath and not worry about the decision or what we will take or not take if offered. I don’t think anyone will really know what we (the student) will do once all the facts are lined out. So with that being said, let’s stay positive and not play what if game. I’m going to believe that most will get in!