TAMU Transfers - Fall 2023

If the audit has classes listed as TRNS XXX, they still count as transferable credits right? I’m worried about them not counting because less than 24 hours transfer with a named course, but a lot say TRNS XXX. Does this negatively affect chances at admission?

Pretty sure you’re a sure thing. Keep us posted. And well done on 4.0!!

Yes it transfers but not to a corresponding course. It’ll become and elective unless your advisor can make it work for a class on the degree plan. They have more liberties than the computer generated system.

Good Morning Christi,

I got automatically denied because I had less then 24 hours. with 18 hours and 3.5 GPA ( got a C in a required math but I still had a chance on another math), but they gave told me to summit my spring grades for a chance to be reviewed. after my spring grades and getting my B in the other math, I have 33 hours 3.64 GPA and am applying for Psychology do you think I have a good chance?

If they asked you for spring grades then there’s definitely a chance. Your hours and gpa are great now. Keep us posted.

2 Likes

Hello, PTA student here planning to major in Environmental Design (Architecture). I just received my transfer audit last week on the 31st and I am still waiting on my decision. Is anyone else in this major waiting to hear back or have you heard back already? Thanks

1 Like

There’s a Facebook PSA/PTA page and much talk about the admission process. Texas A & M - Parents of PSA/PTA Students | Facebook

Yea I have been a part of that group this whole year. Just wondering if anyone that’s on here is the same situation.

1 Like

I’m PSA, got my audit June 1. Major is bioenvironmental sciences. Just waiting…

Hopefully you hear back soon as well. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Hi, son received deferral for spring grades in April, submitted them mid-May and his transfer audit updated May 30th. Construction Science major application - 51 transferable credits and 3.94 GPA and all the required courses for the major sheet.

Still no decision, which sounds typical from inputs on this thread.

My question is this - it sounds like this is a competitive major. Does this mean there are only so many they will take, so even with a good GPA he could yet be denied?

2 Likes

I imagine with those stats your son will be super competitive.

1 Like

This experience is the most stressful experience I ever been apart of. I have my housing on my A** about signing my lease. I really want to sign my lease so I can live with my roommates from last year but I can’t because A&M admission wanna take their sweet time and give decisions at the end of the month. If they gonna deny me wouldn’t y’all think they would with my first decision instead of asking for spring grades? Ughhh this is so stressful

4 Likes

i totally agree…this whole situation is very stressful and makes the housing very difficult when it comes to signing. Does anyone have any idea when we will hear back?

2 Likes

Agree! Housing is a concern, but ew also don’t want to sign a lease until the decision is made. Super stressful.

He will be accepted.

2 Likes

Does the extra tab thing in Howdy apply to transfers? Should we be looking for that?

what extra tab?

1 Like

Before the admission acceptance shows up in AIS, extra tabs appear in Howdy for those about to be notified they’ve been accepted. Here’s a pic of the extra tabs.

3 Likes

Yea. It does.

1 Like