TAMU Transfers - Fall 2023

Clock is ticking. We need a decision asap

2 Likes

Check AIS! Construction science and communication admissions showing up in the last few minutes!

Damn I didn’t get mine. I’m regular transfer so I think the people that got it are pta or psa

2 Likes

My major changed

Yep, seems like just PSA/PTA. After the guaranteed admits they’ll move on to regular admissions.

1 Like

What was your original major and what did it change too?

Psychology BS to History BS. not really sure why got all As a 1 B on the required and recommended classes. but at least I saw some type of movement. I’ve seen this happen to other people and when they call it turns out to be a mistake. but also, was told that they had a lot of applicants.

1 Like

You was deferred right?

Yes.

Oh ok so I think they don’t have a spot for you for psychology so they switched you to history for you to at least get in the school then you can prolly change back after a semester that would be my guess.

@Mal_2002 isn’t easy to change majors at A&M, especially if transferring in. Most majors have capped/max hours, and student has to spend at least a semester in General Studies before applying to change majors.

2 Likes

Oh ok that make sense

1 Like

Got my tabs this morning!

7 Likes

Congratulations!

Was history your second choice?

Yes. but will be calling later to my adviser.

Could possibly be Opportunity Major. In that case there are hoops to jump thru before you can change major and the minimum is 40 Tamu hours.

Now if you want to change to another opportunity major and there’s room, I believe that is possible by working with advisor.

Congrats!

2 Likes

Son is a regular transfer and got 7 tabs this morning for Construction Science.

He has decided in the meantime not to accept, because the out of state tuition difference was going to be $78K in student loans for him when it was all said and done.

This was all information we only got to when I did a detailed analysis of the degree map and what was transferred in toward it. So this is bittersweet for sure.

2 Likes

@HAD1 oh wow, bittersweet for sure. Wasn’t aware y’all were OOS.
So y’all hadn’t looked at tuition rate-in state vs oos?

2 Likes

Congratulations! I’m still waiting for mine

1 Like