TCU 2022 Decision Thread

Ditto here. Still waiting to see if anyone in the Houston area has received an invite…

We are in the Houston area and are still waiting…

For those who have received Honors College invitations - were your students considered for the Chancellor’s or Dean’s Scholarship? Did they apply ED or EA?

@TXGirlMom My daughter applied early action and received the Dean’s Scholarship.

@TXGirlMom My daughter also applied early action and received the Dean’s scholarship. No invite for Chancellors.

@TXGirlMom DS applied EA and received the Dean’s scholarship and Honors invite but no Chancellor’s.

those who received honors invites- was anything apparent on your portal concerning this? I applied EA and am a Dean’s Scholar… waiting for mail

Don’t see anything different on the portal for the honors college invite. Maybe it just hasn’t been updated yet.

Still looking to see if there are any invites in the Houston area. Thanks.

@ChayDaw26 yes, the portal was updated under “what’s next” it lists honors college…
My daughter is in Illinois, Dean’s Scholarship and Honors College invitation (no Chancellors invitation).

My daughter received an official invitation to the Honors College, but her portal is not updated as described above. Is this true for anyone else?

My daughter got her invite today but her portal hasn’t updated yet to show anything about Honors.

I just found out that you have to pay the enrollment deposit in order to see anything on the portal about the Honors College invitation. This was confirmed by the Honors College. I hope that information is helpful!

@MusTeachMom — thank you! That explains a lot. Does that also mean that you can’t register for the Honors visit unless you have paid the enrollment deposit?

@bookworm68 I’m afraid I don’t know the answer to that question. You might have to call the Honors College about that one. We are not planning to pay the enrollment deposit for quite some time because my daughter still has to audition at a number of universities and get final scholarship offers. I would hope that there would be a way to attend the Honors night even if a final decision has not been made. Please let us all know if you find out the answer to your question definitively!

@MusTeachMom We are in a similar boat. Will call tomorrow and report back.

Finally got our invite in Houston. With a postmark date of 12/16, it only took a mere 7 days to get from DFW to Houston. Which I guess is an upgrade from the 10 days it took us to get our scholarship letter. And postage increased just yesterday.

so you have to pay a deposit to get your invite…? or just on your portal

@ChayDaw26 This invitation to the Honors College comes in the mail in a packet. You just can’t see anything about the Honors night on your portal unless you pay the deposit.

@MusTeachMom I called the Honors office this morning and confirmed that you cannot attend Honors Preview night unless you have paid your enrollment deposit and accepted the Honors invitation. This is very disappointing. My D was hoping to attend one of those sessions to help her make her college choice.