TCU 2022 Decision Thread

That’s what my daughter’s now says as well. Looks like they reset it to how it was before EA decisions came out. Maybe they just did it for deferred EA applicants, and not the entire RD pool?

My daughter applied RD and nothing is different or has changed in her portal.

@Torture2022 where did u hear that it would be next Friday?

I applied early action and was deffered and my portal still says “we would like to defer your application”… is that a bad sign?

*deferred

Mine did not say that

Really hoping RD is released soon! The portal says decisions are typically mailed out about 2 weeks before April 1, so I’m guessing this week or early next week?

Does anyone know if scholarship offers will be included in any acceptance notification from TCU, or do those always come later (if at all)?

Son applied EA…and was deferred to RD
His portal has changed 5 or 6 times since November

1. everything received for EA
  2. Thank you & I hope you accept “our offer”
  3. Deferred
  4. Deferred decision will be by Feb 28
  5. Deferred decision will be before April 1
  6. Changed back to Everything received and decision will be made by January 1, 2018…
    January???
    Gotta say! What the heck TCU!!!
    He applied to Baylor and found out with in weeks…back in November 2017
    Baylor sent a nice email and letter just days later
    The constant TCU portal changes are a bit frustrating
    ANYBODY else have this many portal changes?

My Nursing major D (also deferred) stopped checking her portal after they first congratulated her on her acceptance and then told her she was deferred. One change was enough for her.

has anyone else’s portal not changed and still says they’ll receive a decision before April 1st? mine still says that

@maw1970 the same things have happened to my portal except for the last portal change

My D’s admissions counselor told her last week (on 3/9) that she should hear within two weeks for RD. I imagine it will be next week sometime, although I’d love it to be tomorrow like someone mentioned in a previous post. As far as the portal, it has always, and continues to read that decisions will be mailed about two weeks before the notify date of April 1. The waiting is excruciating and is the last to notify of the schools she has applied to, but it is the one she is wanting to attend.

Portal changed again this morning
To say decision will be made before April 1 instead of January 1…TCU must have realized the mistake
That’s 7 portal changes…my goodness they need a better admissions system

Also
It says decisions are “mailed”
Do they mean emailed or snail mail?
Difficult to keep waiting

@maw1970 I think both email and snail mail. I seem to remember reading through ED posts where someone said that the day decisions were mailed, it was also the day emails were sent and portal status changed.

I agree they need a better admissions system. My DS was hot on this school but as other schools came through with EA or had a faster cycle he became more interested and TCU fell off the radar.

I applied RD. I heard that letters (mail) would be sent out today, March 16th. I assumed that also meant I would receive an email today too. Still waiting, but I believe they send out decisions around 5pm on decision days. It has been a very long wait and sort of frustrating because I have an offer from A&M that I need to accept by April 6th. I have contacted admissions multiple times in the past few months and it’s the same answer: on or before April 1st. Anybody heard anything?

@ecoffland I applied RD as well, and have called / emailed admissions multiple times and have received the same answer as you, “on or before April 1”. I am really hoping that decisions are released today as I also have an offer from SMU or Baylor that I’m needing to accept by mid-April. Fingers crossed we hear something soon!

I heard that decisions should be released via portal and email today around 5:00. Hopefully that is the case and good luck to everyone!!