TCU Biology

<p>I have narrowed down my college list and TCU is a top contender. It is close to my aunt but still far away from home, so I get the best of both worlds. My only concern is its premed/biology program. i havent been able to find much info on the caliber of the TCU sciences. Do the grads go on to decent medical schools? is the school well recieved in the science world? any input would help because i dont want my undergrad choice to leave me at a disadvantage later in life.</p>

<p>The acceptance rate to medical school is about 80%, I believe. Dr. Hartman can help you with any questions you have!</p>

<p>thanks!
anyone else??</p>

<p>pre-med/bio is one of the best programs at TCU. As a current freshman pre-med student I can tell you the classes are rigorous but completely doable. They require a lot of study time, but the professors are all willing to work with you and help you, especially the chem professors (chem was a beast for me but with professor help i got an A-). Freshman bio is team taught (3 professors each semester) which is a bit weird, but you get used to it. Also they have a really helpful pre-med office and fraternity that bring in speakers once a week and offer shadow opportunities you can sign up for every month varying from dentists, to pediatricians, to oncologists and even neurosurgeons (you can stand in on surgery!) also second semester you can start volunteering at cooks children’s hospital in the oncology ward. So its great if your willing to put in the work.</p>

<p>Thank you very much for you input!</p>