TCU vs Tulane vs UMiami

<p>All three schools have similarities and differences! Private, affluent, small classes, big Greek life, yes. I like that students MUST live on campus for two years at TCU -- it builds community. Any thoughts?</p>

<p>I got into TCU and Tulane but never even considered Miami. The thing about TCU for me is the people. Most are from the state of Texas or the South in general. I remember being told the average Tulane freshman travels around 900 miles. We have a lot of family friends in New Orleans and I know the city very well but the Tulane undergrad population doesn’t have many people from the south. This was the main turnoff for me because I wanted an experience with people from southern cultures I am familiar with as I make lifelong connections. Granted this was just my personal preference and has no testament to either of these schools academic reputations but just something to keep in mind when considering.</p>

<p>All really good schools. All about the same size with a typical private school, affluent student body. I wouldn’t call any of these schools “southern”. Miami and Tulane and TCU all draw students quite a bit from California. Miami and Tulane draw a lot from the northeast where TCU draws a lot from the Midwest.</p>

<p>They definitely have different personalities: I’d say Miami is a mix between strong academics and a resort lifestyle. I hear the school spirit is high but I don’t know for sure. Tulane also has rigorous academics in the most preppy environment of the three. They are just building a new stadium so that should create some better tailgating and football down the road. TCU has a holistic approach to developing the student with its liberal arts core curriculum combined with big school spirit and sports. </p>

<p>The beauty of the size of all three schools is that they all create a community feel. You will know your professors, classmates, etc.</p>

<p>I think TCU and UMiami may be the most similar. Both have about 8-9,000 students, lots of school spirit, belong to BIG sports leagues with with great football, have greek life, small classes. UMiami is more international whereas TCU is pretty white, but both affluent. Tulane is a great school, but they don’t have the built in big sports yet. However, they did just build a new stadium on campus which is bound to create a lot of school spirit and participation. </p>

<p>I heard Tulane opened their stadium this weekend and had 35,000 people there. </p>