Tell us: "I [or my kid] got into UCxx but not UCxx"

<p>As we or our kids wait for their decisions from UCB and UCLA, I thought it would be interesting to hear from others out there about which UC schools you or your kids did and didn’t get into in past years, especially if the results are counterintuitive (e.g., in at UCB and/or UCLA, but not UCSD). I’m posting this mainly to cheer up my niece, who is convinced that her rejection from UCSD signals certain rejection from UCB and UCLA. But we’re interested in hearing about any combination of admission decisions.</p>

<p>Someone in my school got rejected from UCD, but accepted to UCB, if that counts. Decisions can indeed be counter-intuitive, and seemingly random at times.</p>

<p>I got rejected from UCSD but accepted to UCLA :D</p>

<p>My friend’s sister got into every UC she applied to (including UCB and UCLA) except for UCSD. :)</p>

<p>My son was admitted to UCSC and not UCR. Proof of the impact of holistic rating of applications (which UCR does not use).</p>

<p>As an OOS, accepted to UCD, UCSD and UCLA. Rejected from Cal.</p>

<p>My son was admitted to Cal (Regents Scholar), UCSB, UCD, and UCSD but was wait listed at UCLA</p>

<p>I know a friend who have been waitlisted to UCD and UCSD, but accepted to UCLA and Cal, lol.</p>

<p>Something I have always wondered, do you think the UCs talk to each other? In our area it is quite common to be admitted to Cal or UCLA, but only rarely to both.</p>

<p>I was rejected to UCSD, but accepted into both Cal and UCLA :D</p>

<p>I was accepted to UCSB, UCI, and UCLA, but rejected from UCB. I guess the admissions are pretty random and holistic. My SAT is very low (1590), but I have a pretty good GPA, so I wasn’t expecting to get in UCLA; however, I was expecting a rejection from Berkeley since it seems to focus on test scores and GPA a little bit more than UCLA.</p>