Temple University Financial Aid package and costs

I had applied to Temple UNiversity on November 2, 2021. I have received a scholarship but not a financial aid package or college cost. I have heard that I have to wait for March to receive it. I have to wait for many months for it. Is this correct?

The final cost may not be available until late in the year (even May) but you should be able to figure out what it cost this year and figure it will go up a little.

It is not unusual for schools to release scholarship information a bit at a time (when the decisions are made) but not know about FA until all the applications are in and they know how they have to divide the money.

You should be able to use the NPC and get an estimate.

2 Likes

I may be mistaken, but I believe Temple will be striving for a 2.5% to 3% tuition cost increase. It is possible, if not likely, that board may go up more than that for obvious reasons. Food purveyor companies don’t have enough margin built in to absorb the food cost inflationary increase for this year. They have no choice but to increase costs. Expect at least 4% increase on board.

Go into the Temple portal and enter the “Cost and Aid” tab. They have a tuition calculator on there that shows cost from the 2021-22 school year. You will be able to plug in all information: instate/oos, school, dorm choice, meal plan. You will receive an estimated amount. Use the percentages I gave you to get a fair estimate.

All that being said, do not be surprised if the final amounts are higher. According to an article in the Philadelphia Business Journal dated November 2021, Temple typically increases tuition at inflation rate or lower. Inflation over the last year was 7%. I find in unlikely that we will be hit with a number that high but it is not out of the realm of possibility.