Temple University Nursing Program

<p>I have just applied to Temple University for their Nursing program. I was wondering the following:
- How competitive is the nursing program?
- What is the general GPA to get into the program?
** Could anyone give me their personal experience with Temple?</p>

<p>Also, here is my current standards.
- 3.3 GPA
- 530 Writing, 470 Critical Reading, 500 Math SATS
- 23 ACTS
-College Courses taken in high school
BIO 171 Human Anatomy & Physiology I ENG 101 Freshman English HIS 110 United States History I HIS 111 United States History II PSY 100 Introduction to Psychology PSY 124 Organizational Behavior SOC 100 Introduction to Sociology BIO 172 Human Anatomy & Physiology II ENG 102 Introduction to Literature
- Extra Activities include
New Visions Medical Student
Red Cross Volunteer
National Kidney Foundation Member
Wegmans Food Market - Part Time
Strong Memorial Hospital Student Volunteer - Summer Work</p>

<p>***What do you think my chances are of getting into Temples Nursing Program
- If I don't get into the nursing program, will they still except me and put me on a waiting list or wait for me to prove myself?</p>

<p>Woah, im applying to the nursing program at temple also, and i too have a 3.3 gpa unweighted (3.7 weighted). im also a red cross volunteer haha. at the open house last week they said that only 80/900 students get into the nursing program. The gpa is around a 3.8 i believe. but they say they look at everything not just grades and stuff. i have a friend who goes to tu and loves it! good luck to you.</p>

<p>I actually brought my gpa up o an 3.45 (:
so i’m really hoping they look at all my extra activities!
I am in love with the college !!!</p>

<p>i know same with me, i think my SAT scores will just hurt me if anything. b/c i got 480m 460r and 610w so 1550. but idk, when are we supposed to hear back?</p>

<p>hey,
i just got accepted to the nursing program. my stats were:
GPA: 3.4
SAT: 550w, 510r, and 620 m (1680 total)
ACT: 26
Good luck to everyone.</p>

<p>congrats! are you a freshman or transfer? and when did you apply/hear back exactly
their status portal is weird. it doesnt really tell me the status, just shows me when i submitted my application. i sent my documents in about 1 month ago and havent got an email saying that they received everything</p>

<p>ugh, and im trying to update my email address, they used my junk email address and it wont even let me do that. it just says error everytime.</p>

<p>im a freshman. i applied at the beginning of october and i got in like 3 weeks ago. im not sure about the exact dates.
if you click on the fall 2011 processed application. everything should be right there.</p>

<p>when i clicked on it and my application it says outstanding items still missing…but i sent them like a good month and a half ago so its weird. they have my sat scores, app fee, and app, but not recommendations, transcript, resume, and stuff…</p>

<p>Application Status: Incomplete Items Outstanding</p>

<p>there probably waiting on your transcripts. i heard that they’re very backed up with the transcipts for some reason.</p>

<p>thats so weird, i sent that in a long time ago. i emailed them but i just gotta wait after the holidays. i heard that too and they said they were doubling up on people reviewing apps</p>

<p>thats good then. itll hopefully make the waiting process go by quicker</p>