Texas A&M admitted students for the Class of 2027

@BeccaRuth was your son auto admit? Does he have very high stats? NM s/f? National Recognition Scholar?
You probably know this, but in order for OOS students to qualify for in-state tuition, they have to receive $4k in offered TAMU scholarships. The OOS Maroon Merit award doesn’t count towards that $4k.
If he’s interested in being in the Corps, there’s a better chance at being offered scholarships.

1 Like

Psych is full. It fills up quickly.

Is BIMS full?

I’m not sure. It’s a small dept tho.

I sent you a PM, hope you don’t mind.

1 Like

Don’t sign up for NSC until you know you’re going to TAMU. NSC is your acceptance. You have until 5/1 to make your decision.

1 Like

Thanks for all the info here

The moderators on the threads have been generous and patient – Grateful for you all!

DD#1 Fully admitted to TAMU 12/14/22 - Public Health

DD#2 Admitted to TAMU via Gateway Thursday
(Gateway/SSII - General Studies; Fall - Public Health)

I’m class of 1993 (WHOOP)! and very excited

4 Likes

received 7 tabs this morning on Howdy, Accepted into College of Engineering.

Stats:
OOS- Holistic review
Applied for College of Engineering/Early Action 1st Mech E 2nd EE
Did not provide board scores/test optional (felt SATs and ACTs were not going to be competitive)
Private Catholic HS in Northern Virginia does not provide class rank-- AIS assigned my son to 1st quartile
GPA UW 3.9 W 4.1
7 APs.
ECs: Varsity letters in Football and Wrestling, Captain of Wrestling team Senior year. 2 years lacrosse. NHS, honor societies (Spanish, Rho Kappa/Social Studies, Science), Hispanic Heritage Club.
Received notification this week for Army ROTC scholarship. Son intends to join Corps of Cadets. I mention this because we got an email from TAMU Army ROTC informing of his selection for the ROTC scholarship and that if he had not yet been admitted to contact the ROTC Operations Officer. We did this, and it appears that they informed the admissions office of his ROTC scholarship. We don’t know if this pushed him across the line or if it was just a coincidence.

We had a visit/tour of the campus and also a tour with the Corps of Cadets last summer, which I believe at least put him on the Corps’ radar as interested.

3 Likes

Any idea when will phase 3 of Housing open up?

Looks like financial aid is posting aid/award packages today! Fingers crossed we see something positive when it goes active again this afternoon!

1 Like

Hey everyone! I am going to be an engineering student and got admitted early December but I just submitted housing. I know now that I have no shot at a single and I am now looking for a roommate for my freshman year. I had a couple questions.

1. How do I request a single for my sophomore year as soon as possible
    2.How do I look for a roommate? I know that there will be a little roommate thingy in phase three but I am ready to look now.

Hi, where in do you look for financial aid/awards?

@JayJay_17 best way to connect with other incoming student is on Instagram. There are several pages, below are 2 that seem to have the most members/activity.
Nothing you can do for next year. In January or February every year, students currently living on campus, that want to stay, can sign up again-you should be able to get a Single next year (depending on how many are staying on campus). There aren’t many Single rooms.

@Daojsd student can check the FinAid tab in their Howdy portal.

1 Like

I used the Parent/Guardian access on Howdy. There is a financial aid tab that will list awards, etc. It’s down with a big red banner saying something along the lines of 23-24 information is unavailable while we work on posting awards, and hope to have everything uploaded by 5 pm Central.

1 Like

thank you so much!!!

1 Like

Sure! Instagram is definitely where the clubs/orgs/university/student groups post the most.
Here are a couple other good, basic pages to follow. Click the ‘Followed by’ to see more suggestions.

Sorry for another house question.

After reading the above posts, is it safe to say if a housing deposit was paid early December there will be no or very few rooms left with 2 empty beds? Just trying to get a game plan when the time comes. Thank you.

@Jcb1 there will be some in Southside dorms, and scattered in other dorms, but zero chance at open rooms for 2 in Hullabaloo and all Northside Modulars, with December deposit.
The Parent page I posted the link to earlier today will have many posts & chatter about dorm selection, closer to the time. You (if you’re the parent) will definitely be behind the game, if you’re not on that page.

Thank you for the clarification @52AG82. Yes, I am the parent and have joined the Facebook group above. My son has a friend who asked him to potentially room together if friend decided to attend TAMU. TAMU is friend’s safety school. Friend was auto admit but did not pay housing deposit until late January (if at all).

I’ll point my son to the Instagram pages referenced above in case son decides to find another roommate.

Thanks

2 Likes