Texas A&M admitted students for the Class of 2027

That is a different program.

1 Like

All I got were the two federal loans. Is that when it comes to scholarships or will more scholarships come out in the future?

1 Like

@saltsun23 what were student stats?

Forensic and Investigative Sciences
Applied Test Optional - were pretty bad
Top 10% (28/316 at a medium/large public school, most go to TAMU, TAMUCC, or UTSA)
Weighted: 4.11
ECs: SNHS treasurer, HOSA treasurer, NHS Special Olympics Committee Head, Student Council Executive Board Chair, Principals Advisory Council, Superintendent Advisory Council, Interact Club, Environment Club, Band, Science Olympiad, Academic Decathlon (I don’t have a life lol)

I worked at a Country Club as a bus boy during the school year and at a church camp over the summer.

I read TAMU doesn’t offer a whole lot of scholarships so I am prepared to apply for a lot of other scholarships and loans, I just wanna make sure so I stop checking my financial aid portal more often

2 Likes

@saltsun23 you sound remarkable! Make sure you reapply every year (Oct 15-Feb 1), for Returning Students Scholarships. And always submit FAFSA. There’s a chance for departmental scholarships soph/jr/sr years. And a small scholarship may pop up between now & August
but don’t count on it, especially since you didn’t submit test scores.
Enjoy being an Aggie!

3 Likes

That’s not a TAMU scholarship website, it’s something different.

I looked at my emails and found my email (I thought I had called, but it was an email) to Aggie One Stop from October. I specifically asked if FAFSA was required for merit scholarships, and I told them my son was a newly admitted student (September) and is a National Hispanic Scholar. They emailed me back, “The FAFSA is not required for any merit scholarships.” I contacted every school he applied to as we are not needing loans and don’t qualify for grants. We only submitted to those that required FAFSA for merit (UT and Fordham). We are going to Aggieland Saturday this weekend. I’ll ask again and see how they determined who got it. We are bummed, but going for a visit will surely help us fill back up our Aggieland spirit. Thanks!

I would print off a copy of that email and take it with you Saturday. They are WRONG. FAFSA is required for most TAMU merit scholarships-it even states it at the bottom of the email/requirements my daughter has received.
We do not qualify-at all-for any aid/need, but submit FAFSA every year. And my Aggie has received small awards & scholarships every year.

1 Like

I will do that. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

If you file FAFSA and family income in1040 is less than $125K, there can be a little more later in the form of grant.
TAMU will have more merit scholarship after your freshmen year with high GPA, at times it can suddenly pop up in middle of your sophomore year and you get a refund.

5 Likes

The best Corps Facebook page to follow is Aggie Corps Class of 2027. This is run by Major Hoffman and he’ll give you the specifics you need for your cadet. If your student has been to Spend the Night with the Corps, he is the main presenter there.

1 Like

Three of my four sons received merit scholarships and we did not fill out FAFSA. One received a departmental scholarship and the two others received corps scholarships.

2 Likes

@52AG82 you are right. Only competitive scholarships are considered. Grants are not considered.

Thanks for info.

1 Like

Interesting. Congratulations!

Does anyone know what the chances are of getting a modular dorm (north or south) if you were accepted and paid housing mid-December?

@shruti ZERO chance at Northside Modular or Hullabaloo, paying deposit in December
unless you match with a roomie who paid deposit in the 1st couple days of earliest acceptance in September.
Southside Modular, maybe.

1 Like

Financial aid question
can you go ahead & sign up for NSC and still submit a financial aid counter offer or is it best to wait till that process is over?

1 Like

Registering for NSC is considered formal acceptance to attend A&M.
Not exactly sure what you’re asking?

So we were advised to submit a counter offer to the financial aid offer received from A&M. My daughter is going to A&M but we were wanting to see if they would review the counter offer and possibly (not holding my breath) offer a least a little financial aid. Can she register for NSC or should we wait to see what happens with the counter offer?

I guess you could do either. Don’t expect to have offers from other schools matched, if that’s what you’re wanting.
Never heard of counter offering Financial Aid.
Good luck!

1 Like

No we’re not expecting a match at all. Just trying to see what they’ll do with the information. We’re well aware of the financial aid process at A&M but figure it couldn’t hurt!

2 Likes