Texas A&M Class of 2025...After you have been accepted...Q&A

Sounds like that is the first time slot.

1 Like

Well, poop. Our Phase IV date is 5/10. Does that mean we probably won’t get into Hullaballoo?

It is the 3rd day, so it will be ify. If they have a roommate, probably not (unless the roommate has an earlier time.) If going in “single”, then they may be able to find an open bed. If they don’t get it at first, they may be able to grab a room during the summer that opens up.

He has a roomie. Our second choice is a modular, which I know are great and more spacious and will be fine, but I’m still disappointed that Hullaballoo will be a long shot.

@sapphire33 slim to none Hullabaloo will be available for 2 with your time slot. A full empty room in Hullabaloo for two won’t ever open up, so don’t bank on that.
Northside Modulars fill up next, so have lists ready! Rank every Northside Modular (assume they want Northside), so they can move quickly.
Modulars also have one side of the hall significantly larger/longer than the other. Each dorm varies, so you need to research old posts on Aggie Parents FB page. You won’t find the info on ResLife page, but there are older posts about which side in each dorm.

1 Like

Our housing time slot is on 5/11 (she received her acceptance at the end of October)…still waiting to find out what time slot her roommate received. They are not interested I Hullaballoo but in the modulars. How quickly do these ones fill up?

Sorry my question is directed to @AggieMomhelp :slight_smile:

Our second choice after Hullaballoo are the Northside modulars. I’ve been searching through older posts/forums and I can’t find specific info on the different sides of the dorm, etc. I’ll keep searching, but appreciate any input here as well.

What do you mean about the spcific info on the different sides of the dorm? Are you talking about which rooms in the modulars are bigger? If you go to reslife.tamu.edu and look at each of the dorms, you can open the Room & Furniture Dimensions and it tells you which rooms are larger (odd numbers, even numbers…)

@tmclanton they must’ve added dimensions to ResLife, 2 years ago that info wasn’t available.
This is an example of what I’m talking about @sapphire33

1 Like

Thanks for the info, @52AG82 and @tmclanton. This makes me feel better. It even shows when they were renovated and what work was done.

1 Like

@Physixmom if your daughter didn’t pay until end of October, and her time is 5/11, that means a LOT of kids must be in every time selection.
Northside Modulars fill up next, after Hullabaloo.
Daughter & roomie need to study ResLife, I suggest ranking every dorm on Northside (or Southside-whichever side they want), so they can go down their list quickly, if a dorm is full.
Time selection is fast & furious, no time to think about things. A solid plan needs to be in place.
And watch carefully on Aggie Parents FB page. Parents will post the night before your selection, what’s available.

2 Likes

I think they’ve ranked them but trying not to hover too much :laughing: Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Have all of the times gone out to people? Mine never got an email, and we want to make sure this wasn’t some leftover issue with ResLife throwing mine into an LLC that was not requested.

1 Like

I would give them a call and ask

Thanks. Mine has a time slot but no email (not sure why).

@DTxAggie was it posted on Howdy, and not in an email maybe?

Mine also didn’t get an email and I didn’t see anything in the housing portal so I called. They told me his time slot was 5/7 at 12:30 and that he should be getting an email by end of the day.

5/18 at 4:00.

Any chance mine will be able to get a room in a northside balcony and pull in a roommate?

Yes they fill up quickly as well. Especially if looking for an open room in modulars. To me, mods are the best. They are huge and most if not all, have been remodeled. South side too.

I tell people not to get too hung up on location (north south west). Once the student is out and about for the day, they rarely run back between classes. They find their favorite spots to eat, study, relax etc during those time.

Now as far as being comfortable, then yes select your style and once those are all full, have your second style ready to go.

And parentals, remember, it’s okay if they are uncomfortable their first year. It’s a growing and learning experience for sure. Sophomore year, most are living a resort style life off campus. This is just. A blip. I say this to calm you and for no other reason! :heart:

3 Likes