Texas A&M Class of 2025...After you have been accepted...Q&A

Since she registered for the wrong class during NSC - Her advisor needed to make a schedule change, now she can see her schedule

1 Like

Hi, I am new and I will be living in the White Creek Dorm. I need some advice for parking registration and the way I commute.

1. There is a form for “Parking Registration” and a form for “Purchase Permits”, but I don’t know the difference and if I should buy both.
  2. Since I will be an engineering student, will it be better if I drive, bike, or take a bus to the engineering building from my apartment?

Thanks.

I believe you want to do the parking registration. There is a place in the registration that gives guidance on which lots you should request based on your housing. You will not find out until later what parking you received.

As far as traveling on campus everyday, you should plan on keeping your car parked and walking, biking or using the buses. I believe you can only park in the lot assigned to you. If you tried parking over on main campus, I think you would have to pay hourly… if you found a spot.

(FYI, I am new to all of this as well, so there are others that will give more definite information… they are the experts!)

1 Like

You need to register for parking to get a permit. Not sure I’ve seen that there is a difference between the two. You will get white creek parking since you live there. That is all they will give you.

You can either ride a bike or jump on bus. There’s a great bus app that shows where it is on campus and approximate arrival time (also shows if it’s full or not). The bus system is great. Just allow for travel time to classes. Once on main campus you can walk or take other buses to where you need to go.

1 Like

Thanks! I may take the bus.

We have a little over a month to go - it’s getting real

1. Dorm move in - we have 4pm slot Day 1
  2. Meal plan - my daughter doesn’t eat much
  3. Books - how do you know what books are required, should we buy books
  4. Sorority recruitment
  5. Fish camp

Thank you

@TamuDad15
Be sure to join Aggie Sorority Moms FB page (dad’s are allowed). Primarily mom’s of actives, but PNM parents allowed to join. Great advice & support.
Start with the smallest Meal Plan.
Guarantee it will be HOT at 4:00 pm on your move-in day. Bring a small cooler with water bottles, definitely bring a wagon or collapsible cart for hauling things. Unless she’s in Hullabaloo or White Creek, no other dorms have elevators, so get ready.
Most students wait to buy books, until they get syllabus from professors, don’t buy anything ahead of time. Some rent from Amazon, mine just buys everything from Barnes & Noble/Aggie Bookstore.
I highly suggest buying a variety of blue IKEA bags for move-in. We have used those bags for 3 years now, great investment! Buy the largest size, with and without zippers. You can buy at IKEA or order from Amazon (buy now, they definitely sell out).

3 Likes