Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Blinn Team usually in January-Feb timeframe. In the past they offered 3 button options in AIS. “Blinn Only”, “Blinn/Waitlist”, “Waitlist”. Applicants have to respond to accept one of the options before admission will be granted.

There were talks about eliminating “Blinn/Waitlist” option last year as it was very confusing to applicants, not sure if they maintain that this year.

If you want immediate admission, you need to pick “Blinn only”. Then within a week or so you will be accepted with AIS updated.

Blinn Team is not the same as TEAB, TEAB is Blinn version for engineering only, TEAB is one year and students go through the same ETAM process and regular TAMU students. Blinn Team is up to two years. Both Blinn Team and TEAB students co-enroll Blinn Rellis campus and TAMU main campus.

Picking anything with “waitlist” will have to really wait out till late March or April and likely get PSA instead.

7 tabs are in Howdy, the portal student will use for the next 4 years. The extra tabs are setting up students for classes and scheduling.

4 Likes

Make sure you and your student completed FAFSA, NMF/NMSF scholarship is automatic. Grants and extra scholarships are need-based and Financial Aid office (aka Aggie One Stop is not the same as Admission office) will use FAFSA data to determine grants and counter offers (against other colleges, yes they do that occasionally).

You can proceed with housing contracts and accept admission (register and pick an NSC) up until the May 1st (technically end of April) deadline.

Based on experience in the past, it is better register NSC early so student can pick a NSC date that is in May/June, July/August can be too hot to walk around campus.

4 Likes

Yesterday, my daughter’s howdy applicant tab had a blue scholarship option under scholarships that had not been there previously above the grayed out option currently there. This morning when she checked, it was gone and looked like it did before yesterday. Still 3 tabs and praying for good news in the next few weeks. Does anyone know why that would have happened? We’ve stared at that page so much, I feel like our eyes are playing tricks on us.

@Trc5bgnd below are the color codes under FinAid tab.
Scholarships won’t be offered before a student has been admitted/accepted.

Congrats to all who just got accepted!

Quick question- For those who just got accepted this week, did you get the deferral/enjoy the holidays email last week?

2 Likes

Under scholarships there was a blue link that said scholarships or scholarship portal above scholarship resources. It was blue just like the blue financial aid portal link under financial aid portal. It was only there yesterday. It did not look like what you sent. Thank you for sending though.

Financial Aid Portal

Financial Aid Portal (shown in blue always)

Scholarships

• Scholarship resources

Options

Options

It would not let me insert the picture so this was the best I could do. It would have been easier to we if I could have sent the image.

1 Like

Also, this was under the applicant tab not scholarships. She only has 3 tabs.

Hmm, maybe a fluke? Last year a slew of kids were notified of acceptance…only to find out it was a system glitch and it all disappeared.
Have you submitted FAFSA? Did your student submit university scholarship application?
I am next to positive scholarships aren’t offered before acceptance. Scholarships, grants, loans will only appear under Financial Aid tab, nowhere else on Howdy.

Yes, last week Wednesday or Thursday I think we got the enjoy the holidays, offices closed next week and announcements typically come out January-March.

We were surprised to get 7 tabs on Saturday

5 Likes

Okay thank you. That would be terrible. Probably that then- just a glitch. Yes, we submitted FAFSA October 1st and she submitted her scholarship info in with her application August 1st. She’s BIMS (1) or Genetics (2). I posted all her info on an earlier post as well. Thanks for responding.

1 Like

Thank you for this info! So if she receives scholarships elsewhere, should we directly contact the FA office with that info to see if they may offer any additional funds?

Financial Aid portal will have One Stop contact info. Be very courteous when asking for match.

6 Likes

@Musikalee unless it was a full ride offered at a top school and student was NM, I’ve never known A&M to ‘match’ scholarships.
Every year on parent pages, there are hundreds of valedictorian parents who comment that that their students never received a dime from A&M, in 4 years.
Good luck…

1 Like

7 tabs this morning! Holistic review- in state.
Stats:

• 1st quarter
    -highly competitive 6A Houston public school
    -1350 SAT
    -3.7 UW / 4.14 W GPA
    -Hispanic scholar
    -several honor societies, officer in hispanic honor society
    -summer jobs and stable job senior year
  • 1st choice psychology, 2nd choice forensics

She is seeing forensics as her major, so guessing she got accepted to forensics!

8 Likes

Yes, we got that email. I was expecting to hear after the holidays. VERY pleasant surprise!!

5 Likes

Good to know - we are not expecting anything - if we get anything, it’ll just be icing on the cake. We are just thrilled to be admitted!

1 Like

If Mays is first choice and psychology is second choice (assuming full), what would a compelling student be given as a major?

A&M BH is such a teaser. Got a full size 8x11 envelope today and it was just an acknowledgement they got S23 application. What’s going on? :joy:

@Mha6514 thats the strangest thing I’ve heard!
First of all, why the big envelope, and secondly, why mail an acknowledgment of application??

I know. I was s

o excited ( for nothing)