Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Found it…September 27th is when the electronic contract was signed and deposit paid. That is a little better than October :-). Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Oh, I think that might one of the very first days Housing opened. She’s in great shape!

YAY!!! So happy to hear that.

Aside from better weather, are there any other benefits/advantages to registering for NSC early?

Some would say course availability when registering, but they open up slots throughout the summer so I’m not sure what the right answer is here.

3 Likes

@kaydeeloo Thank you!

1 Like

@MMMAg I’ve got a Senior Aggie. We purposely chose the mid July NSC in 2019. She had set-in-stone camps & trips planned in June…that had been on our calendar for a year. If we were doing it again, I would choose the same NSC date. July NSC is less crowded. Might be slightly hotter, but parents literally sit inside Rudder Auditorium ALL day on Day 1, so it’s not like you’re walking all over campus. Day 2 is major specific, so again, you’re at 1 bldg.
Do NOT pick an NSC prior to prom & graduation! Students need to be completely DONE with high school. Honestly, the 1st NSC is guaranteed to have glitches, the most unorganized and is always super crowded.
It’s a myth that ‘all the good classes fill up’ early. They limit class sizes at every NSC…to be fair. New sections of classes are opened up minutes prior to each NSC. My Mays girl registered in <3 minutes, getting every class she wanted.
Definitely don’t suggest the August NSC, days prior to school…until you’re OOS and can’t get there any other time. It’s just hectic-Howdy Week, dorm move-in, NSC all going on at the same time.
If there are 2 parents, highly encourage both parents to attend (for sure at least 1 parent-it’s super informative), plan to spend 2 nights, don’t bring siblings or anyone else.

4 Likes

What is PES? DS is NM Commended also.

@Lilstepper PES = Presidents Endowed Scholarship. It is guaranteed for incoming NM S/F, not guaranteed for Commended.

1 Like

Anyone know if TEAM offers are expected to go out this week for applicants who received the 3 option email at the end of January?

2 Likes

@MMMAg In addition to what 52ag82 said, no reason to sign up for a early NSC that might interfere with HS graduation. For both my aggies, an NSC date a week or two after graduation was perfect. It was nice to get it out of the way, and move on to other things - what to bring, laptop, etc - plus one of my aggies kept making changes to his schedule during the summer. Not all depts allow this.
Also, there is prework required for engineering chemistry (to get everyone on the same page) which my engineer was emailed about in august and could finish before Howdy week. Someone registering last minute would have to do that work right before school. Dont know if other classes require prework but chem 107 does, at least the last three years.

1 Like

@bhebert449 no one knows

1 Like

Great information!!! Just took a screenshot. Thank you so much!

1 Like

Very helpful!! Thank you!

1 Like

With my oldest, we chose an NSC after the first week of July, because he took 5 APs his senior year. Those scores typically come out early July and he wanted to know for certain what kind of AP credit he would be walking in with while meeting with his advisor to plan his schedule. He only had 3 basics/core left to take (Comm, Local Gov & Cultural Discourse) that he did not come in with AP credit for. So a mid to later July NSC was best for him.

4 Likes

@Eggscapgoats :100: students need to be finished with all school-prom, grad, Project Prom/Grad, etc.
NSC starts their new college career.
Not to mention getting the NSC Checklist ready, which involves MPE (Math Placement Exam) for everyone.

1 Like

hey everyone, I got into engineering early December but unfortunately I didn’t submit for housing until earlier this week. Is there still a chance I can get a single anywhere? I just wanted to ask here just in case one of yall knew anything

I think most of us still on this thread are still waiting to hear of acceptance, so you’re ahead of the game. Don’t know about dorms; if you are looking for an apt start looking at the housing boards/groups via fb (if for an apt/roommate)

2 Likes

No chance for a single. I’m sorry.

2 Likes

Even White Creek would be full?