Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

also 7 APs.

@l6326 ZERO chance for Hullabaloo, White Creek should still be available.
Incoming freshman had to submit university scholarship form when applying. Majority of scholarships are for NM S/F, National Scholars, auto admits with VERY high stats and/or identified Century Scholar schools (low income merit).

By when does TAMU release all its scholarship awards, in other words, after what time should we stop hoping for scholarship potential?

3 Likes

Thank you very much!! You are a very Helpful Human!!

1 Like

Do you happen to know what day dorm selection begins and how fast white creek might fill up compared to the start of the housing?

I got to that and it sends me to the duo push. I click it and it doesn’t take me anywhere. Someone help.

@STEM2023 okay…so I just dug out paperwork. My Aggie actually got her PES invite letter June 6, not Feb. I looked at the wrong scholarship letter.
She was NM Commended, not S/F, so not ‘automatic’ for PES.
I do think you should hear prior to June.

@l6326 everyone will find out their dorm selection date on the same day on April. Those that paid deposit in December and January will have a MUCH later selection time, probably mid-late May.
White Creek is usually one of the last to fill-due to cost and distance. That could change this year, no guarantee, but you should be able to get a room in WC.
If you can match with a roommate with an earlier dorm selection time, that roomie can ‘pull you up’ into their room, during their dorm selection.

1 Like

I figured it out!

1 Like

My daughter was accepted into Mays and put White Creek as her first choice and Hullabaloo as second. We paid our housing deposit in October so based on location - is White Creek or Hullabaloo closer. But does it really matter what our choices were if all early deposits have housing access on the same day? She hasn’t committed to TAMU yet but running a close second.

1 Like

@KRFleenor congrats on Mays! I’m a Mays mom…we have nothing but amazing things to say about Mays Business Schoo!
The way TAMU housing works, the whole phase 2 is absurd, deceptive. What you rank/list means NOTHING…dorm selection is based on time stamp housing deposit was paid. When it’s your selection time, it’s a free-for-all…to snag any bed that is open. It’s fast, furious & frantic.
Hullabaloo will most likely be full by her selection time, unless she’s going in as a true single & willing to take a bed in a room with someone she doesn’t know. There will probably be a few random rooms open, with an empty bed.
Freshman will have class all over campus-Main & West Campus. Mays/Wehner bldg is on West Campus; White Creek is the closest dorm. However, she might only have 1 class each semester in Wehner. The bus does run from WC to Main Campus.

Do engineering students have a certain dorm they are in? My son is waiting for the honors engineering decision but we paid the dorm
Deposit I don’t want him to get a crappy dorm waiting for honors when imm not sure when we will hear .

Thanks. We’ll keep looking for the NM S/F scholarship to show up. Hopefully it will be this month.

1 Like

This waiting it’s so stressing . Application still reads “considered for Team Only” no 7 tabs for us just yet :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

2 Likes

Can Gateway students apply for housing for the fall and put a deposit down? We don’t see that option.

Doesn’t she have a chance at Hullabaloo if she finds a roommate who paid their deposit in September? I keep hearing that one roommate can “pull up” another but it’s still unclear how it’s going to work until we go through the gauntlet ourselves.

2 Likes

Great! Thank you so much for the helpful information. I guess we will be in a rat race on housing selection day. :rofl: I’m going to confirm when we actually paid our deposit because it was very early since she was auto and applied August 1st.

@KRFleenor you would’ve signed an electronic contract, for non-refundable $75, when doing Housing contract. It’s key to know what date you paid that-that determines dorm selection time.

@LaFinalista yes! If students ‘match’ during Phase 3 with a roommate, the roomie with the higher selection time ‘pulls’ up the other. They must officially ‘match’ in the system, they can’t decide decide the day before selection that they want to room together.
There’s a video on ResLife website someone mentioned, about the dorm selection.
For the past 4+ years, Hullabaloo and Northside Modulars have filled quickest, meaning open rooms for 2 get snatched & filled by end of day 2. The only rooms left will be ones that are occupied by one other person-any many don’t want to go into a room blindly (even tho students are supposed to submit a brief bio-many don’t-and it’s such a fast & hectic situation that there isn’t much time to read bios). Single rooms-in all dorms-will be gone immediately also.

2 Likes

@Jacki_Jones here’s the link to Engineering Housing. A&M has a great ResLife website, which shows photos, lists amenities, gives renovation dates, pretty much anything you’d ever want to know.
If your son didn’t want a ‘crappy’ dorm, he should’ve applied in August, to try and have the highest dorm selection date. Paying Housing deposit in mid December will definitely put you towards the last of dorm selection.
Engineering Honors, like everything at A&M, is competitive, but it is larger than most HNR major programs.
Living in Engineering Village @the Commons isn’t required, not even if student is in HNR. There’s a cafeteria attached to all 4 Commons dorms, and a new Rec Center close by. The Commons are not known to be popular and are some of the last dorms to fill.

https://reslife.tamu.edu/living/llcs/available/engineering-village/

1 Like