Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Awesome. They are right on time then for sending out AIS/UINs. The AIS site is your go to point for everything til you get the app complete status. Then on Howdy, you’ll start looking for the tab indicator that you have a positive decision coming. But that part won’t happen til October at the earliest for holistic review students. Top 10% or NM students will hear in September (typically).

And yes, AIS status updates when scores received, rank calculated/input and any other docs/info is optional (LoR, resume) and srar is linked.

@sbhubbell i always recommend filling out university scholarship application. If student doesn’t, no opportunity to qualify for any TAMU scholarships/opportunity awards freshman year. You never know…

2 Likes

Question. Son just linked his SSAR in AIS. It shows an Red X on rank and transcript. But under docs, it shows the transcript received in July. Do these X have to do with the SSAR taking 24-72 hours to complete. TY

1 Like

Holistic review or top 10%?

No. There’s a lag between receiving, reviewing and updating rank. There’s nothing on your end to do. For schools that don’t rank, Tamu will rank them into a quarter. This takes longer since they have to calculate it.

1 Like

My DD got her AIS number this morning. Applied evening of 8/1.

2 Likes

Holistic review. TY for replying. Great info

1 Like

My daughter got AIS this morning as well, everything also green checked, complete and in review. She learns a lot of the process from her brother.

She sent high school transcript the day when final grades were available in June, and her school-day SAT back in March, all showed up in AIS! Her first choice is Biomedical Engineering, second choice is Biomedical Science. Her brother will be heading to College Station next week as freshman!

4 Likes

Congratulations on both of your students! Would you mind sharing if your DD is auto or review?

Up until last Fall she was 14%. She worked very hard (6 APs) in 11th grade and by end of Spring she jumped to 161/1621 (9.93%). AIS showed she is top 10!

As you suggested, she is preparing for ETAM taking AP Physics 2 and C and AP Chemistry this year.

4 Likes

That’s awesome. Congrats. No stress for you right now!

1 Like

And so it begins… Hopefully, SRAR sends their info soon so that little red x goes away! Cheers to the long wait ahead for the OOS and other Holistic review people out there! From what I’ve read it could be a wild ride!

2 Likes

Oh it’ll be a ride alright. But most survive!!!

1 Like

So this the the road to Hana… College Station style. :laughing:

Oh Geeze, I hope this doesn’t make me sick too! Road to Hana, Beautiful but brutal for us with motion sickness! Is there a shirt I can buy for this that says, I survived the TAMU application process when it’s over? Ha!

@MauiMom23 what majors did your student apply for and what are their stats?

D23 got her AIS this morning. Applied 8/2 afternoon. SRAR has been linked, we’re still waiting on Naviance issues & high school counselors.

2 Likes

Pre- PT
#1 Kinesiology: Motor Behavior
#2 Allied Health
OOS
2nd Decile, so top 20% Class Approx 450
3.8/4 uw GPA
28 ACT
EC/Leadership: (2) 4 year Varsity Sports both 2 Years as Captain
Multiple Regional and School Awards for Sports
Club President: 2 Years
Club Vice President: 1 Year
Other school clubs that are fun, but not especially time consuming or anything. But shows a lot of school spirit and career interst. including sports med.
Year Around Club Sport - Captain every year
AP Scholar
Volunteer - Major Specific 2 hours per week (2 years)
Internship _ (Full sports season H.S.) Athletic Trainer
PT Job - Weekends/Summer as time allows. Very Flexible. EC Related

Fingers crossed, we are hoping for some kind of decision before the end of the year. We felt TAMU was a match educationally, but a reach financially, knowing that they don’t offer many scholarships. Put the best foot forward in scholarship and application and will see how the cookie crumbles. Hoping for the best.

2 Likes

@MauiMom23 thanks for the stats!
@ChristiR93 can give her thoughts on when you might expect to hear, etc.
You are correct, OOS scholarships are few & far between, unless student has outstanding stats. But you never know…
How many times did you student take ACT? Was SAT taken?
Good luck!

I laugh because it is true.

1 Like