Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

You can go look on your dashboard but official “whoop” banner could pop up today or tomorrow in AIS!

Congrats!!!

@cowboysfan212 —congratulations

@Res_Judicata we have 3 neighbors on our street who are UT Nursing grads. Outstanding program!
A&M Nursing is great…BUT a total crap shoot, needle in a haystack to get accepted to. Everyone we know who has applied, had some form of CNA, Pharm Tech, nursing home aide, medical missions, etc, 4.0, high Hesi score-all the bells & whistles-and none got admitted. They graduated from A&M (Public Health, Allied Health, Kinesiology type degrees) then went elsewhere for accelerated BSN program.
If she gets into UT Nursing, or any other direct admit nursing program, take it!

4 Likes

7 tabs today in Howdy!! I posted awhile ago when I thought my daughter had 7 tabs, but I was looking at AIS and not Howdy. When I logged onto Howdy a few minutes ago, the seven tabs were there! Keeping my fingers crossed!

6 Likes

My son now has 7 tabs!

Applied mid September
Non ranking private school
Assigned 1st quarter
GPA 96% weighted, approx 94% unweighted
SAT 1360
Normal extra curricular and service items
Decent rigor on transcript
No dual credit
Have not submitted AP results to A&M

Per counselor, A&M accepts many, many kids from our school

6 Likes

@classof20271 congrats!! Mays or 2nd choice?

Thank you! There is no banner showing up yet on AIS… but it still has Business Mays as her first choice. Does that mean she probably got it?

Can’t say for certain, but probably??
@ChristiR93 could answer better.

I really appreciate this insight. She has applied to multiple direct admit nursing programs and that is a factor we really did not put a lot of thought into. Just assumed if you got admitted to a non-direct admit school and had good grades your were in your junior year. Thank you for clearing that up. Definitely a factor to consider when deciding where to go.

1 Like

@Res_Judicata if one of my kids wanted to be a nurse, I would NOT send them to A&M. It’s just such a slim chance, you’re competing for VERY few spots, against all really qualified students. Direct admit is the way to go, I think, for Nursing.

Literally, every student we know had lots of extras-pharm tech, CNA, EMS, loads of volunteer hours in medical field, very high HESI, and 3.9-4.0
They all applied 3 times, a couple did get Wait Listed on the 3rd attempt.
Look at Admitted Student Statistics link-

1 Like

If you look in Howdy, under My dashboard and click where it says “overview”, it should show you admitted and to which major. (At least I could see it there).

2 Likes

Oh my goodness thanks so much for that, I found it there! had been all over Howdy and hadn’t seen that! Has her listed as admitted & mays business!

6 Likes

Congrats! I couldn’t post fast enough lol.

1 Like

What is major?

What is the Blinn nursing program and is it connected to A&M at all? I have a family member in Bryan and I have visited them in St. Joe’s and there are always Blinn nursing students around, being pretty awesome. I was told that they’re building / have built a whole new building for Blinn nursing. Is it full of nursing students that didn’t get into the A&M program?

@52AG82 is right. It is a huge factor. Direct admit is the way to go if possible. If not they try the competitive admission process at a school like A&M and if they don’t get into the nursing program there is always the accelerated BSN route that they can do after they earn a bachelor’s degree in something else.

1 Like

People can go to Blinn or any other community college and earn an AAS/ASN and become an RN and be an Associates degree level nurse. But most employers prefer BSN nurses and often even require they go back to school and earn a BSN through an RN to BSN bridge program within a certain number of years. There are pros and cons to ASN/RN vs BSN/RN.

3 Likes

@LaFinalista Blinn Nursing is not affiliated with TAMU. It is most likely students who either never got into A&M at all, or couldn’t get into A&M Nursing. I’m sure it’s a good program, but it’s not associated with TAMU.
And like @martinezcs mentioned, most employers will hire a BSN/RN first, over ASN/RN or LVN.

1 Like

This may be a dumb question but why would any student that wants to pursue a BSN ever go the non-direct nursing school route? If you do and do not get into the nursing program after prerequisites are taken then you are guaranteed an additional two years of school after you get your undergraduate degree (like public health) or you are forced to apply and transfer into another nursing program and hope to get in.

@LaFinalista I did find this. There’s an opportunity to earn a BSN/RN thru Blinn and RELLIS Campus. Degree is from Sam Houston tho, not A&M. I bet many are going that route.

2 Likes