Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

@Res_Judicata because many would rather have the Aggie ring first. It’s true. They’d rather get any degree, just to say they’re an Aggie, and are willing to do an additional 2 years of accelerated nursing somewhere else. Not kidding.

2 Likes

HI there- My daughter just graduated in August from A&M nursing. Definitely competitive, but doable. She got in her first time applying, although I have heard this is not the norm. Happy to answer any questions! It was a fantastic program and she just started her job in the Cardiovascular ICU in Dallas.

5 Likes

@abhs91 that’s awesome!
@Res_Judicata make sure you see the comment above.

3 Likes

Because there are limited direct admit nursing schools. Especially if you want to stay in state, public, etc. If you are willing to go anywhere in the U.S. or pay for private college there are more options. But direct admit programs are limited. I think UT Austin is the only public direct admit bsn nursing program in Texas.

2 Likes

Has Agricultural and Life Sciences sent out any non auto acceptances yet?

First choice - BUAD

4 Likes

Can someone direct me how I would go about putting a housing deposit down?

DD got admitted to Mays today, we are elated since we didn’t expect to hear so quickly.
Applied 11/17 top 25%, 3.97 GPA 1430 SAT, 4 yrs varsity athlete and number of leadership ECs. They sent an email indicating that Mays honors has received the app.

7 Likes

Does anyone in this forum know if business & engineering are the only majors being considered in holistic review? My DD applied as a Psychology major 1st choice and curious if the college of arts & sciences reviews apps after engineering & business schools are complete, or if they review apps for all departments at the same time. Thank you!

Login Howdy first, there is a link there. You can also click below within the same Howdy session

https://reslife.tamu.edu/tamu-housing-portal/

2 Likes

7 tabs :slight_smile: Not sure if they arrived yesterday or this morning. Stats are below…

Major: Chemical Engineering (now General Engineering)
Applied: 1st week of August
Weighted GPA: 5.225
UW GPA: 3.664

Scores: 31 in one sitting on the ACT (34 in Math, 31 in Science/English, and 28 in Reading)

Rigor: 18 AP classes including Calc BC, 4 Physics (1, 2, C, E&M), Chemistry, Super Chem, and 2 AP Comp Sci classes

EC’s: Good extra curriculars and solid resume including part-time jobs, multiple Python summer camps, and Robotics Club

8 Likes

Congrats!

We’re driving ourselves bananas checking Howdy 20 times a day. Does anyone know for sure if they only change the tabs once a day? And what time? Which days?

If it is just done in a big wave once at 7:00am M-Th, we will stop compulsive checking throughout the day and on Fri-Sun. But if the change can happen at anytime, we’ll continue with the madness. We are addicted.

No 7 tabs (yet :pray:) for my holistic review daughter. Construction Science. I know Jan-Mar is likely but other kids with her stats seem to be hearing this week.

3 Likes

Tabs populate one time per day around 6:30-7.

Once those arrive, AIS can update at any time.

5 Likes

The AIS portal says that all EA Engineering decisions will be made by mid-Dec. Does anyone know if this applies to OOS as well, and if there is a specific date to hope for?

1 Like

We are also waiting on College of A&S - I think there have been a few admits that I’ve heard, but most still seem to be from Mays and Engineering.

2 Likes

My DS was admitted to Maritime Transportation, TAMUG!
Good luck to everyone who still waiting!
His stats: homeschool, SAT 1440, GPA in Community College 4.0, three summer military camps, know 6 languages, a lot major oriented extracurriculums. didn’t take any AP courses.

8 Likes

My child who applied Aug 30 had the 7 tabs appear today in Howdy. We followed the directions from @CarlaM94 (look in Howdy under the ‘My Dashboard’ tab, and click ‘overview’) and were able to see that he is admitted for Mechanical Engineering! Good luck to everyone waiting.

6 Likes

@Skywalker00 congrats! Be sure to pay Housing deposit NOW, if he wants to live on campus.
And remember that all freshman enter as General Engineering, and go thru ETAM process to get to their chosen field of study.
There’s a helpful Parents of Engineering FB page you can join closer to graduation/NSC.

2 Likes

Not my kid but her friend was accepted yesterday:

5,95 GPA
28 ACT
Kinesiology
In State

Has anyone heard from agricultural and life science - that isn’t auto?

Can someone share on when and how will admitted students learn about merit scholarships, especially potential NMFs?