Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

I love to hear this as this will be my D24 next year. Super competitive high school and lots of rigor but too many B’s during Covid means she’s not near top 10% unless A&M SRAR calculations want to be very generous.

Thank you. Not sure if he’ll go to A&M but it’s nice to know he’s in.

6:30-7 in the morning or evening?

morning

So there is a tabs change in the Howdy portal only once per day around 6-7:30am? If there’s no change at that time, don’t expect one later in the day…correct?

Correct

1 Like

Are the tabs only changing over one day a week or should we expect them to change more than once a week? From what we’ve seen, it seems like it’s only happening once a week. Didn’t know also if it would pick up or just keep the slow roll out. Trying to be patient. Checking daily multiple times a day just in case. Waiting on this decision for everything to move forward. Encouraging my daughter that the waiting will produce character. Hang in there everyone.

1 Like

Do all Engineering applicants hear back by mid December (full admit, other options, or denial)? Is it a bad thing if your application has said “complete and in review” for over a month? Her application was completed by September 29th. Thanks! ……remaining hopeful, but also realistic……

Engineering can hear back all the way into February. If you get the option to pick Teab/Galveston/waitlist… pick them all.

3 Likes

Tabs can happen any weekday morning. It is batch-processing (i.e. Even though admission office process throughout the day, the batch update of Howdy is morning) After January, may even on weekend morning.

2 Likes

If applied before EA, there will be “communication” before winter break.

Communication will not include “denial”, but may include deferment email pushing the decision to Jan through Feb.

3 Likes

Thanks! So “complete and in review” for so long isn’t a good thing and should prepare for the alternatives….

Thank you! Reassuring to know at least we’ll get some update.

Most holistic review won’t hear back til January/February. Engineering EA will get some comm this month but could easily be… you’ll find out after the break. Denials for all majors won’t go out til feb at the earliest after other decisions are released.

1 Like

This is helpful. Thanks so much.

1 Like

When does it typically become apparent that Mays is full and no more holistic applicants will be admitted?

My D22 heard from Mays Dec14 last year.
However, my S23 was notified by Nov10 this year from Mays.
He also received an email two weeks ago to submit two essays for BH which didn’t occur last year for my D. People usually said it’s full by October, but I am happy there’s still room.

2 Likes

@Mha6514 —thats the first I’ve heard about additional essays for BH. @52AG82 —have you had any experience with this?

2 Likes

It was apparent last year mid December. During that wave, some got Mays and some got 2nd choice.

1 Like

@TAMUMAMA never heard of BH requiring or requesting essays.