Texas A&M Class of 2028 Official Thread

As far as I know, the 7 tabs only appear when they update AIS in the mornings. AIS will update around noon for people who are accepted, but you’d normally have 7 tabs by then.

3 Likes

Splitting hairs here but when you say “morning” any idea on time?
I have been refreshing Howdy constantly just so I can get the $75 Housing deposit paid. This has now become my life every Tuesday and Thursday until acceptance.

I think it’s around 7am😭

1 Like

ouch :scream:

My son is applying to engineering for Fall 2024. What is absolute latest date for him to apply? As Oct 15 is Sunday this year, then Monday Oct 16 is a deadline. Am I thinking right here: counting backwards, after submitting application, student needs at least 4 business days to wait for AIS portal email from TAMU. Then, he can link his SRAR (already prepared) to AIS. This makes the absolute latest deadline to submit application is Oct 10. Am I missing anything else?

1 Like

Oct 15th is early action deadline. Not absolute deadline.
Regular decision deadline is December 1st, with all documents by Dec 15th.

Thank you! What are the benefits of EA for aspiring TAMU engineers? I do not think my son is going to make the EA deadline. What would he be missing out on if he applies on regular decision date? He is an auto-admit with 1570 SAT and rank 2 in 790 class.

1 Like

He’ll be missing out on dorm selection time, the longer he waits to apply…if he plans to live on campus.

Mainly dorm selection. But if your student is planning to live off campus, RD is fine.

For Brown Foundation scholarship, it is preferred to have all documents by Oct 10th, although the official deadline is December 1st. Brown scholarship is a very generous scholarship that can cover the 4 year degree and even most of post graduate. Top students choose Brown over Ivy admissions.

1 Like

I believe Brown scholarship requires being National Merit semifinalist. Although my son has a high SAT score, he did not do so well on PSAT - only got a commended status.

1 Like

Has anyone holistic received tabs after 9/19? I saw a few people that got them that day, but I don’t think I heard about anyone getting them after.
Maybe we’ll be waiting until early October like the original AIS message.

I think October is reasonable to start hearing back. I’m assuming it’s just the very top performers in holistic that could of heard back by now.

2 Likes

I’ve read that in the fall of 2022 students could not get their rec letters through Common App to TAMU. Instead, they had to get their teachers to upload them through AIS portal and this took extra time. Is this true for this year?

I think so, my school in general doesn’t allow us to send LOR via commonapp or ApplyTexas. Too many problems in the past.

1 Like

You can actually upload them via AIS. Unless the teacher doesn’t want you to see the letter, you can get them and send them it.

WHOO HOO!! Got my 7 Tabs this morning when I checked at 0805am Eastern Time.
Howdy Portal>Dashboard>Overview is good to go :+1: Lists Major as Mech Engineering Freshman Fall 2024 and a Blank Fall 2024 Schedule has populated as well.
Now I just have to find the Housing Deposit Link.
That may not present itself until AIS is updated.

5 Likes

OK, Aggies I need an assist with Housing. Portal Login is not working A&M credentials that work for Howdy and AIS. Thanks, AGGIE Dad Jim

The link we got to work appeared on the first page of AIS once that had updated. Good luck! My son’s updated early the morning after his application changed back to General Engineering.

Congratulations!

Confirming “AIS” NOT the Howdy Portal?

1 Like