Texas A&M Class of 2028 Official Thread

There are separate applications for the honors programs

@tikkar21 UH (University Honors), Engineering Honors and Brown Foundation are all separate applications.
Skip the UH and dive straight into Brown app!

1 Like

Does everyone who applied to engineering receive the Brown Foundation Honors email?

Not necessarily

1 Like

My daughter received both emails as well. She hasn’t been accepted yet, but hoping that is a good sign!

1 Like

@tikkar21 and @Ag98 -

WAIT There’s Engineering Honors and Brown Scholars. My bad!

Engineering Honors (which I do think may be officially named Brown Engineering Honors, but no one ever calls it that) is NOT the same as being a Brown Scholar.
Sorry for the confusion

Yes, it seems most who apply to Engineering automatically get an email about applying to both-University Honors (UH) and Eng Honors (I’d still suggest skipping UH and just submitting Eng HNR).

Brown Scholars is UBER select, not even close to either HNR program.

1 Like

How long does engineering review usually take for auto admits? My son was admitted on Oct 12 and was put on engineering review.

Another question, he received an invitation to apply for university Honors program but not yet to engineering honors. I guess they only send invitation to apply to engineering honors to students admitted to general engineering. Is this right? He did indicate in his common app that he wants to be considered for honors programs.

My daughter has not been admitted yet and she received both emails. The Engineering Honors email came about a week after she applied and the University Honors came about 3 weeks after.

As far as I know, you don’t have to be “invited” to apply to engineering honors. I can’t recall if kid #1 was specifically invited or just applied (and this was in late January).

1 Like

We received the University Honors email and are not engineering, does everyone that applies receive this? We are still under review.

Your student can apply Engineering Honor now if the Howdy access work in the link below.

Thank you all!

@DTxAggie you are correct, everyone can apply for honors programs.

@AggieLove anyone can apply to UH, I think the email is automatically sent to all who apply to A&M.

When do acceptances to Engineering Honors come out? And how does it happen - thru Howdy or…?

1 Like

Not sure on timing but the honors portal that currently says “application under view” will switch to something like “offer letter.”

@DarkhorseMW ALL communication goes to the student thru Howdy.

There will be a letter in Howdy, and then an official mailed letter.

My son started application to engineering honors and saw it requires 4 essays. Can he use some of the essays from his main TAMU application or should those be brand new essays?

No, my son says they have unrelated prompts to the ones submitted for his university application.

2 Likes