Texas A&M Class of 2028 Official Thread

Praying so! He’s having a hard time being patient! :pray:t2:

Unweighted GPA is 3.7, so thinking that could be slowing response?!?!

Prayers you guys hear soon! :pray:

Prayers :pray:

2 Likes

Based on the stats your student should get in for sure.

Double check make sure SRAR has courses in progress especially AP Calculus. Also make sure pre-Cal was recorded correctly in SRAR. Check for any missed email from TAMU. Check if all green-checked in AIS.

2 Likes

Yes, yes, & no emails! All green checks since mid Aug. Just a waiting! :pray:t2:

1 Like

Hi @laurenschwertner is CS…construction science?

College Station, I have a kiddo waiting on Engineering! Desperately wants to be in college station!

3 Likes

Have there been any additional holistic admits for kinesiology in recent days or are they done from what you can tell?

HWe have a friend that is 25.8%, 1100 SAT, 12 AP classes and a couple of 3’s on the exams. His SRAR and all final documents were updated to reflect 11/1/2023. He is a 4-year track runner and leader, has had a job as a manager, very well rounded and strong essay. Has a sister at TAMU College Station currently. He is hoping for at least BLINN team like his sister but he knows kinesiology is competitive. He regrets selecting both choices as kinesiology and would have selected biology as a second choice if he had it to do all over again.
Thanks for any info you might have.

Kinesiology is not competitive. it’s an open major at tamu, so if he is admitted to the school, he is admitted to the major. We were told this in person by the guy giving the kine major talk on our tour.

@WBAggie did A&M give him 2nd quarter rank?
If so, 2nd Q with a 1100 SAT will be tough, I’d say, to even get offered TEAM.

1 Like

Srar indicates second quarter. (I think that’s where it says it) but he’s second quarter based on his class rank. 25.2 percent.

1 Like

Sorry…25.8 percent.

1 Like

2ndQ and 1100 SAT will be tough to get admitted. Hopefully he’s got other admissions already?

Unless I’m reading this wrong (Office of Academic and Business Performance Analytics (ABPA) - Admissions & Placement Test Scores), this seems to say average SAT for school of education and human development is 1176.

1 Like

@DTxAggie interesing, never seen that site before. I’m sure the stats are correct, however, take it with a grain of salt. Meaning, it doesn’t indicate how many admitted were auto admit (and blew off SAT/ACT, knowing it didn’t matter), and I also didn’t see how many were admitted Auto, 1stQ, 2ndQ.

Students still have to be admitted to the university first, then assigned a major. There will be MANY thousands with much higher stats/acores, over a 2ndQ and 1100, that apply.

1 Like

If you pay close attention to the data, the upper 25% are 1460 SAT and 33 ACT. Holistic applicants need to target those figures.

Auto has much less incentive to get high scores only need to fulfill the very low TSI requirement.

1 Like