Texas A&M HS science requirement for admission

My DD is a current OOS junior interested in possibly applying to A&M. She is finalizing her senior year class schedule.

I see she is required to have 4 years of science to qualify for admission. We’re hoping she can get academic admit.

With her current plan, she will have 3 “traditional” lab sciences by graduation. She is also planning to take two courses of interest to her in engineering design and civil engineering/architecture rather than another traditional science. From my research it appears Texas accepts a couple of CTE high school courses in engineering science and/or engineering problem solving to satisfy the HS science requirement. The descriptions of the acceptable Texas courses sound nearly identical to the courses my DD’s school is offering. Her school also classifies these courses as CTE not science.

My question is how does A&M consider these when reviewing applications? Does my DD need to declare/claim these engineering courses as one of her science credits? Does A&M have some automatic process that matches similar courses for OOS applicants to see if they’ve met minimum course requirements?

Thanks in advance.

Don’t assume there will be academic admit next cycle. If this is changed, it really going to effect OOS applicants IMO, I know we never thought a thing about rank before my kids applied (academic admits).

Your specific question might be best directed at TAMU admissions as CTE is different everywhere. IMO though, you want your best foot forward for eng applications so rigour in a 4th year AP science would be my take, and the CTE courses look more like electives. If she has AP in bio, chem and physics, then that might be different.