Science in high school and wanting to get into Texas A&M- help?

<p>Hi everyone.
This might be a really long and stupid, but..
I read on the TAMU admissions website for incoming Freshman that you need 4 years of science to get admitted. My problem is that by the end of my high school time, I will only have 3 years of science. Because of a problem that occured during my sophomore year of high school, I did not take a science class and that will throw me off into getting into many universities, particularly Texas A&M. I'm about to be a junior in high school and so far the only science class I've taken is Environment Science, and I will be taking Biology or AP Biology during my junior year, and I will have to decide on taking Physics or Chemistry during my senior. I think I will have all the other requirements to get into TAMU completed by the time I graduate high school but it's my 3 years of high school science that will ruin my chances. What can I do until the end of high school to make up for one science class? I have tried to get into a science course at my local community college this summer but I ended up on the waiting lists and couldn't get in due to the local community college's policy on high school student's being the "lowest priority" enrolled during the summer. I don't know what else to do and I may be moving(parents in the military) very very soon and due to that I don't know if there are any alternatives or community colleges where I may be moving. I'm so confused.
Can someone help me? Please, I know I messed up big time.
By the way, if anyone wants to know what I plan in majoring in, it's Aerospace Engineering, which mostly likely will not happen.
Thanks everyone.</p>

<p>*most likely not happen, sorry</p>

<p>Many schools offer more than one science course a year (the “typical” grade one like chem or bio and then others like anatomy and physics). I took 6 science classes in high school easily just by taking a few of the other science classes. Look to see if your school offers any science classes other than the normal grade equivalent class. And if it is literally impossible to get into a science class, you can always call admissions and explain your situation and ask if there’s a way to bypass that requirement (is it a requirement or just recommended?). Good luck!</p>

<p>Are you from Texas? A&M requires 4 years because that is the states requirement to graduate high school. Is there any way for you to take 2 science classes at some point and not take an elective?</p>

<p>Rushed mom is correct…surely your guidance councelor will catch that requirement. You can/should double up either your junior year or senior year in science. My son took three ap science classes his senior year…you can do it!!</p>

<p>You can definitely double-up since the 4 years of science is required of Texas graduates. If you’re not interested in taking a couple of AP courses, look for alternative science courses such as forensic science or aquatic science. Don’t worry too much–it’s really the responsibility of your counselor to make sure you fulfill requirements and graduate in a timely manner.</p>

<p>Thanks so much guys, I will definitely try and take two science classes. I didn’t think that was possible, and oh I forget to mention I’m from California and have a 3.5 gpa.</p>

<p>You can take a long distance learning high school science course. Texas Tech offers high school correspondence courses, as do other schools. I would get it in writing from A&M that it would count before enrolling. Western Texas College in Snyder offers long distance community college courses as well. They are very nice to work with.</p>