Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Thanks for the advice! Really appreciate it! Good luck to your daughter!

1 Like

Y’all are the best! Thanks will call now!

1 Like

Glad you got a hold of someone, especially since the info is different than their website. Did they say how the high school should identify the transcript (like having the UIN?). Just curious for future questions.

Please give us updates if you c

A&M said to order an official copy of the transcript to be sent directly to the college when applying(top 10%) and again after graduation. The guidance counselor said the same and provided the link to the school district web page with the form to request an official transcript. She also said the first two are free and after that there is a nominal fee and that she will need to do it now and then again at the end of the year for the final transcript to be sent.

@tristatecoog we have friends at both Austin Callaway and College Station Callaway. I wouldn’t say many pay deposit a year in advance to CS, as there always seem to be openings. Not everyone, of course, but many Blinn kids, large clusters of kids from certain high schools, overall a pretty wild & chaotic atmosphere. Definitely caters to a certain crowd. Very pricey, too.
Nothing beats living on campus as a freshman!

1 Like

For anyone else working on the applytexas application still. I also found this helpful guide for applytexas. It answered some of my questions like one I was stuck on was when it asks about college credits. For example, I wasn’t sure if she should put 18 for what she has completed to date or 24 how many she will have upon graduation. I couldn’t find it anywhere and was about send her guidance counselor yet another email and I found the answer in this guide.
“Step 1: Are you a freshman with: Here you will select either “no previous college credit
hours” or “college credit hours.” If you have college credit hours, you will enter the total
number of credits you will earn by the time of your high school graduation.
Collegewise Pro Tip: This question is asking for college credit hours earned
BEFORE graduating high school. This would include dual enrollment courses during
the school year, or summer camps you may have attended at a university where
you earned official college credit. This does NOT include AP/IB classes or AP/IB
credit.”

4 Likes

Thank you. They need to update their site so I’m glad you got clarification.

1 Like

All - My daughter applied on August 1st on GO Apply Texas. Credit Cards not working so we called in and paid the fees to A&M directly.

She has not received a UIN/ID email from A&M yet. I called A&M this A.M. and they told me the following:

1. They are backlogged with ApplyTexas apps due to the early issues
  2. They plan on having them out this week and if we do not hear back by Friday afternoon to call back and check to ensure they got it.
  3. Ensure your student got a submission confirmation on Apply Texas when submitted
  4. I was told that this delay will not affect her place in line for admissions (or housing for that matter). Time Stamp will not change.

Just an update for all, I hope it helps!

4 Likes

Great info. Thank you.

AND just to make sure you guys all know… NO ONE is in place at all for housing. Your place in line for housing is only based on when you complete the housing application Phase 1 and pay deposit. That’s it. You will not be able to complete housing until you’ve been accepted so no one should worry about this step… total cart before the horse at this point.

3 Likes

@martinezcs , thanks for the ApplyTexas Guide PDF and pointing out that AP credit does NOT count for the “no previous college credit hours” or “college credit hours” question.

However, doesn’t the application have an option to check “my hours have been earned through testing” … so wouldn’t that count AP credits?

And how does this matter at this point in the admissions process? Could having too many college credits hours as a freshman hurt the applicant?

Too many college credits can take you out of blinn team opportunity and PSA.

Some kids come in with 60 hours. It’s insane. But if you’re under 30, there shouldn’t be an issue.

Oh and AP and IB have to be accepted at the college level by the student in order to count towards college credit. You have until your college senior year to do so and never accept them wjrbjhr advisor guidance.

Hmm, she’s actually over 30 credit hours from AP.

But back to my original question, does the “previous college credit hours” question count AP? The ApplyTexas guide written by a third-party college prep company says No, but the “my hours have been earned through testing” option in the ApplyTexas application itself seems to imply Yes.

EDIT: Or @AggieMomhelp , are you saying that since “AP credits” only get converted/accepted as “college credit hours” when the student goes to meet with the TAMU academic advisor at course registration, therefore at this point there are technically zero “college credit hours” to even report in the Admissions Application?

I’m not sure. But, I think they are referring to hours earned through testing that some people do to test out of the class. (College Level Examination Program (CLEP )The AP test doesn’t count as previous college credit hours because they haven’t received college credit yet.

My youngest will be coming in with 60 dual credit. :slight_smile: :tada:

2 Likes

This is my understanding.

1 Like

Exactly what I’m saying, correct. AP is nothing til accepted. And advisors don’t typically want you to accept all your credit right away.

Glad to here the ApplyTexas delay will not affect their place in line for admissions. I’ve had a stressed out kid the past few days.

3 Likes

Is your youngest top 10%? And when does she apply and is there a reason for so many dual credits?

Does anyone know how to enter a job that the student is currently working? In ApplyTexas, it asks “when did you complete this employment?” It accepts only a date, my DD cannot enter something like “current” or “present” or “N/A”. How do you indicate the job is one the student is still working?

1 Like