Texas Christian University BFA in MT

<p>Does anybody know anything about the BFA program at TCU? The Theater department offers a BFA in Theater with an emphasis in MT.</p>

<p>Ericsmom and Dramama are both alums, I believe and Dramama works there. I think Ericsmom has looked into this program and may have some information. Dramama doesn't post too often. You could PM them.</p>

<p>Soozie beat me to it! I was just searching the forum and trying to find some of my prior posts about TCU. If you write me, I much prefer e-mail rather than PM's - you can e-mail me from the pull-down menu by clicking on my name.</p>

<p>Momsense, I think I read where your daughter was accepted into the new Acting BFA at OCU. We have a friend who is very likely going to choose to go to that program next year.</p>

<p>Now - back to TCU - yes, my alma mater, in the business school. We looked at TCU's BFA in theatre with emphasis in MT for my son. He applied there and got accepted with a wonderful academic scholarship. The school is very impressive, and our visit day there may have been the best of all the schools we visited (we did Monday at TCU). The fairly new head of theatre (now not so new, but we visited 2 years ago) is really good, and I think they are doing many good things in that program. In addition to the available performance opportunities on campus, students often participate in D-FW area productions. Some of the TCU faculty are involved in the area theatres. </p>

<p>If your daughter is applying for next year, I hope it is not too late.</p>

<p>Thanks, Ericsmom. She has already been accepted to TCU with a great scholarship. I'm wondering how it would compare to her OCU opportunity, which is Theater Performance BFA (not MT, but you take dance and voice as much as you want.) The Theater chair at TCU has been extremely generous with his time answering several emails. But it's great to hear from other people, like yourself. Thanks! :)</p>

<p>TCU is great - keep asking those questions.</p>

<p>OCU - as I think I read elsewhere, you may want to double check her letter. I understand that some people have been offered BFA Acting at OCU (the new degree) and others BA in theatre performance (the old degree) from this year's MT auditions. I think the difference is in the number of acting classes one would take. As someone also pointed out, the voice faculty would be different from the well known music school faculty at OCU.</p>

<p>As you know, we've exchanged other details by e-mail. Anyone else interested in TCU can do the same. Dramama is also a great resource about TCU.</p>