The Bragging Thread

<p>Thanks and congrats to your D.</p>

<p>Now pressure is greater than ever for S1 to keep his grades up. It’s a never ending time-management struggle. Really wish that video games had never been invented…</p>

<p>D1 asked for only a couple small things from her grandfather for xmas. When he asked for more ideas, she told him she didn’t need more things and suggested that instead he donate to one of a list of charities.</p>

<p>I got a 4.0 on my first research proposal ever (which is a relief for a few reasons- mostly because my entire grade was based on the proposal and participation! Lol). The class is not in my field (I’m in public health, the class is in sociology) and the professor recommended that I actually submit it to a few different funders (I don’t know the correct term… organizations?) for possible funding. </p>

<p>I’m so happy :D! I’m not in a research program but I’m very seriously toying with the idea of applying for a PhD program next year and this is encouraging!</p>

<p>Happily overheard that DS #1 called for the name of the USAA investment advisor. DH suggested they call DS #2 as he had recently spoken to him. Somehow hearing both s’s working with a stock advisor to manage investments made me smile.</p>

<p>DS 1 did it. Graduated and received his commission as Ensign in the USCG. Dicey times last year meant a harried run for the finish line this past year. Finished with his best academic semester to date and will report to his number one choice for his first tour. Gonna sleep better now that he’s really and truly graduated.</p>

<p>^^^ what a great Christmas gift. Congrats to your S shellz.</p>

<p>D2 took 7 classes this fall and finished all of her college work a semester early with a double major. She received six A’s and one B in this heavy course load (best grades ever!). I’m so proud of her. She managed her health, preparing foods and exercised to boot! I can’t believe she has finished enough to graduate. She really struggled with her health her first two years but seemed to get it all under control and her life in balance. Plus a boyfriend. I’m so happy and proud of her! It wasn’t easy.</p>

<p>Congratulations, romanigypsyeyes!</p>

<p>wow Peacefulmom, congratulations! You must be so proud!</p>

<p>So happy! Finally booked our plane tickets to go to LA with D and meet her new MD. Was able to use points to pay 80% of the price of the tickets and got VERY GOOD seats on all of our nonstop flights. Was able to get car rentals that were fairly reasonable. Also was able to rent a hotel room that we can cancel up to 6pm on the date of arrival! It will make this trip a lot more affordable and give us more flexibility in case we don’t like our hotel for any reason (my best friend and my cousin always are inviting us to stay with them as well). My cousin and best friend live only a few miles from the hotel and there are a lot of fun and interesting places to visit a short walk from the hotel. Car parking is an extra $15/day, but that is also OK.</p>

<p>Was also able to return nearly all the presents that for some reason didn’t work out this holiday season. :)</p>

<p>HImom, what’s an “MD”?</p>

<p>New doctor?</p>

<p>Yes, new doctor that is working to treat D’s underlying health issues, not just symptoms. His S also had D’s condition 31 years ago and is fine now.</p>

<p>That’s wonderful, HI! I hope this one is final THE one.</p>

<p>Thanks, Romani! We are very hopeful as well. She has been trying his treatment since she saw him in October. If it works well, S and/or I may try it as well. That’s one of the reasons I’m tagging along on her visit this trip. I will also try to fill in gaps in her history that she wasn’t able to tell the doctor.</p>

<p>It only took us about a dozen years to find a doc with new and possibly more effective treatments for D. Would love it if the kids were able to recover normal stamina instead of always being so exhausted. </p>

<p>S seems very slowly to be figuring out what balance works for him but it’s nothing like he was before he started having these problems a dozen years ago. D has a harder time balancing, since her stamina is so limited it affects her ability to be vertical for any sustained period of time, which is what we need to figure out before she looks for any jobs or internships.</p>

<p>My son Got a 27.2k per year scholarship to a good undergrad business school. It Will actually make the final choice harder, not easier, but I’m very proud of him and will be happy if he goes to that school.</p>

<p>I have an interview on Monday for my first job that specifically requires a public health professional- and it’s in adolescent health! It’s only a contract position but I’m still really excited. <em>Fingers crossed</em> :D</p>

<p>Good luck Romani!</p>

<p>Good luck Romani.</p>

<p>Best of luck Romani!!!</p>