The Bragging Thread

<p>Love to hear of so many good things happening! Zooser^^^ Wow!</p>

<p>Zoos,
How wonderful!! A dream come true.</p>

<p>DS got a co-op job with a major company last week. He went through the on campus interview, and flew to the headquarter for second interview, and got the offer next day. Looking at his resume, H and I are amazed and so proud of what he has accomplished in such a short period of time: he is a sophomore major in Marketing.</p>

<p>Heā€™s a SOPHOMORE and he got this jobā€¦wowā€¦that IS great!!! Is it a summer job or is he leaving school to take this job?</p>

<p>The co-op is from May to December, so he will miss one semester of class.</p>

<p>I have been accepted at six universities for my PhD all with full funding. Four of them are in Europe, where Iā€™m an international student, so I beat out hundreds of students for a few competitive scholarships.</p>

<p>Iā€™m about to start my PhD in the field Iā€™ve dreamed about since I was 12.</p>

<p>Sometimes, life does work out. :)</p>

<p>Oh. My. God. Spriteling, that is fantastic. Congratulations!</p>

<p>Fabulous news from ALL!!!</p>

<p>

That is AMAZING!! Congratulations.</p>

<p>CMC, I enjoyed his album very much. He has a great range that reminded me of the Beatles - esp. the last three songs. Loved the album cover!:slight_smile: Check out the link all - # 898.</p>

<p>Many big congratulations are due here. I love to hear about dreams realized. Best to all.</p>

<p>My D got accepted to 7 out of 8 colleges applied to and defferred at one. She was a finalist for a scholarship (did not get) that was narrowed down from 1200 students to 100.</p>

<p>Thanks so much for listening, Parent1986! I am kind of amazed with him as he pretty much did it all (except play drums) on that album: bass, guitarā€“except the solo electric on one of the songsā€”trombone, keys, and all vocal parts. Plus wrote the songs. :)</p>

<p>CMM, Your son is amazing! My son is majoring in Music Industry with a minor in Recording/Producing. Iā€™m just getting into the independent music scene and am really enjoying it.</p>

<p>I have applied to a program to become a certified high school English teacher. I have to pass two tough exams to get in and I just passed the first one!!!</p>

<p>Great for you, pugmadkate! And thanks for the kind words about my son. He had planned to make a career in music, but as a performer, it was just to difficult to also spend time with his wife and at his church. So now he writes and records from home in his ā€œspare timeā€, shares with those who want to listen and is pursuing other dreams. I am glad heā€™s found that balance! </p>

<p>Trust me, though, heā€™d LOVE to be able to take advantage of the professional services of folks like your sonā€”and he did have his solo work mastered professionally. He just cannot afford much ā€œrealā€ studio time! :)</p>

<p>D got her second job offer today! She has 2 great opportunities (so far) to choose from. One outside of DC and one on the outskirts of Baltimoreā€¦HOORAY, Iā€™m so proud of her. Sheā€™s worked SO hard for 4 years and itā€™s paying off.</p>

<p>(Nowā€¦can you all pop over to my Maryland/DC thread and give us some advice on where she could live??)</p>

<p>Woohoo!! Great news about the second job!!!</p>

<p>I am really proud of my daughter. Two years ago she was so profoundly anxious and depressed she could not leave her bedroomā€¦ Today she got into one of her first choice boarding schools. She has worked darn hard and has learned so much about life and herself. She interviewed very very well. Her attitude about this was ā€˜I did not give them any reason to not accept me. If they do not take me, it is based on something outside of my control.ā€™ </p>

<p>I hope she has learned something very important that will apply equally well 2 years from now.</p>

<p>^^^^How satisfying for you to know sheā€™ll be able to cope with life. Thatā€™s what we all as parents want to see in our children.</p>

<p>Thanks VeryHappy. You are right. Having a healthy, intact, daughter is a tremendous reliefā€¦</p>