The Class of 2025 -- Sharing, Venting, Discussing! MT

@momofboys33 Don’t be too upset about Northwestern. I graduated from there in 2000 (MBA degree). Just paid off my student loan 13 months ago. Brutal.

3 Likes

Who is famous kid at miami?

@onette I took your post as an opportunity to drag another old timer in here @MTisNutz I think is local to you and has a daughter who is BFA dance at ball state

His daughter and @StanfordAI2019 probably could combine for a Tony award in choreography !!

Lots of great contributors fell off due to the new format I suspect or maybe some other reason but I won’t hypothesize and get run out of town :smile:

@StanfordAI2019 congrats on the sports pursuits I have a close college friend whose daughter plays women’s soccer at Princeton- if that can be of any value to you, don’t hesitate to hit me up

3 Likes

I’m not sure who dramamama2424 is referring to. I have a friend who is admitted to Frost (instrumentalist) but told no in-person visits even for admitted students. Then Stalone posted video on Instagram visiting with his daughter. He’s an alum and was so excited to be there with his girl. A week or so later, Miami opened up some in-person tours, but they filled up immediately.

I’m sooo glad to see all of these 2024 parent/coach alums showing up for support! They are so generous with their time and knowledge. Reading their stories and comments helps fill in the color of this picture that some of us have far less experience with than others. Thank you all so much!

1 Like

I think UM was in reference to Michigan, this years Fr class has the Daughter of a superb actor ( if you are a fan of a Bronx Tale :slight_smile: )

1 Like

BU is up!

Guaranteed transfer at BU into dept. of arts and sciences but idk what that means in terms of the drama program. So disappointed.

@StanfordAI2019 thanks! My husband and I both graduated from Ivy League schools and I just paid off my loans last month - just in time for the bills for DS college to start! He has looked at many types of schools, and it has been eye opening to see how much money is out there when you cast a wide net!

2 Likes

BU is up. My son is waitlisted for General admission. One down. One more to go. :blush:

1 Like

Did they send an email or do you just check the portal?

Did they send an email letting you know the decision was ready? I didn’t see that in my D’s emails.

Email. Decision in portal.

Hmm. Don’t see an email from them. Wonder what that means? I would think they release all at once?

Hello! I didn’t get an email but my decision was up in my portal.

1 Like

great thanks for letting me know that!!

What does that mean – waitlisted for general admission? Does that mean he didn’t get into the BFA program? These emails that come from the university admissions programs are sometimes hard to decipher, aren’t they?

Hiya @NYYFanNowMTdad @StanfordAI2019 @onette

Wow. Time warp. Reflecting on this time last year, which seems like forever ago and just yesterday at the same time: remain open to opportunities or suggestions, continue to express interest, accept feedback and direction. These programs want your kids to be successful during and after college. By and large, they know what they’re doing.

DD is very happy and very busy at Ball State. She was cast in a dance show this spring which will be shown virtually next month. She has taken an active role in the campus charity for Riley Children’s Hospital. She and her best friend (BFA Acting) will share an apartment next year.
She has been paying it forward coaching 2025 MT applicants in dance.

This is not what we expected going in to the process, but it has worked out well. Keep the faith people! All it takes is one.

6 Likes

My daughter got her official BU acceptance this morning. She also received a call from a current student yesterday telling her she was admitted. We didn’t know that they made calls so I’m just putting the info out there for future parents who look at these threads for information :))
Best of luck to everyone!

10 Likes

Hmmm. Blast year this is different. In 2024 your academic and BFA Acting acceptance was one decision, all or nothing. You were either accepted, denied, or WL all together.

Either way congrats on a BU acceptance even if it’s not the Acting program! That school has very high, very competitive academic standards. Any acceptance is a huge accomplishment.

1 Like

(BU) No email. Just hopped onto the BU portal.